TFL Takes to the Airwaves!

True statement. Seems we're gonna be on the radio.

I was contacted yesterday by a Lurker/Member and asked to appear, by phone, on a radio show this Sunday. After trying to dump this on our most articulate Staff member and receiving her gracious decline, I've determined to accept.

This is an Outdoor Activities radio show out of Jonesboro, TN. It airs from 7-8 PM EST, Sunday night and is syndicated in 50 markets on the Talk America Radio Network. The show is hosted by John Quaintance. This week's topic will be "internet outdoor oriented sites".

This is an outstanding opportunity to get people involved in the various sites for hunting and shooting on the web....not just TFL. I'd appreciate public or private comments on sites/angles to highlight....items which cause the novice or expert to sit up and research. Other possibilities can be provided by our new Members....how did you find us? What types of web searches were beneficial, etc.

John informs me that the show is available on the internet at Broadcast.com (log onto radio, then link talk, then link Talk America). I'm told the same applies to TalkAmerica.com, and Realplayer or Realaudio.com. If anyone can confirm these host addys, it would be appreciated.

Call-ins are accepted at 1-800-298-TALK (800-298-8255). However, I hope that our Members won't call in to promote TFL, since we're on the "same side of the barricade" with lots of other sites that need attention.

Rich Lucibella

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited October 07, 1999).]

Outstanding Rich...simply outstanding. :)
A friend sent me here. I'll E-mail him and find out how he knew about TFL.
Best of luck in your endeavor.

Well, dear...

I told you I'd be out of town...hunting pheasant and then doing battle in Sacramento :)

And giving my brother's fiancee a final test before I let her in the family LOL

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

[This message has been edited by DC (edited October 07, 1999).]

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING!
Please stress that gun owners are not a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I happen to be a fairly well educated redneck! :)
Also play up the fact that newbies are always welcome and other more knowledgeable people are happy to answer their questions.
Point out that shooters are some of the friendlyist folks around and always willing to help.

So how did I find TFL? Just dumb luck, I stumbled in here by accident while surfing gun related web sites. And don't bother asking, cause I ain't leavin'! :)

Note that the man sez it's syndicated, y'all, over some 50 stations!! That ain't hay. Also more than just the odd TN "redneck," too! Anybody know a way that I could find the affiliates to see if I'm in one of their broadcast areas? I'll bet I am; Dallas/Ft.Worth is about the 7th largest broadcast market in the U.S.

Hmmmmm???

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Okay, I'm not as lazy as I was a minute ago; I started looking, and I found a live audio feed that may carry it-- they've got 2 sets of stations, and Rich is on a host on "Talk America 1". Try out this link: http://www.broadcast.com/radio/talk/talkamerica/ maybe it'll do the trick.

For all of y'all without Real Audio, they've got a link to download it for free-- give yourself some time to get it set first. (RealAudio is one of the easier and foolproof plug-ins for your system, interferes with nothing, works great, but it takes time to download if you're not on a L.A.N.)

I'm still hunting a local station list.... check in...

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited October 07, 1999).]

Too cool, Rich! If LongPath will do the grunt work for me and find a way to listen from Dallas, I'll tune in! ;)

I found my way to TFL after stumbling upon cornered rat's site. Don't remember how I found his site though...

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

[This message has been edited by Darthmaum (edited October 08, 1999).]

This is good to hear Rich. Have fun. :)

Darthmaum,

Its always good to see the lyrics of Metallica. Love that band.

In my best Eric Cartman voice...
"Sweeeet!"

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Could someone record it and save it as a MP3 file?

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I must agree with Greyfox:

Please stress that we're not "less educated" or toothless rednecks because we happen to like guns -- for proof, they need do no more than read the calibre of the posts on TFL.

How did I find TFL?? I was literally surfing the gun forums looking for one with a philosophy that sat well my own beliefs and mores. TFL was mentioned by a poster on another forum -- so I had a look, a lurk, and signed up.

Best move I ever made.

Oh, and BTW, I have the utmost faith in your ability, Rich, to do a damn fine job! Just be yourself, mate.

I'll try to pick it up on one of the RealAudio links that were mentioned. Should be about 7.00 a.m. our time next Monday.

Keep the faith

B

Rich:

I have confidence that you will do us proud... I found TFL by searching infoseek with the string "gun control boards". Was way down the list somewhere. I was reseaching more material on the 2nd and had run out of search engines on the string of 2nd amendment.

You do realize that if you give the URL for TFL out that both you and I are going to be wrong on the total number of members by 1/1/2000. Were both going to be way short. :)

One suggestion is that you look up the thread where someone was asking for everyone's education. It might pay to do a little chart on it. If I remember correctly a high percentage of posters are highly educated.

Also the thread for what everyone does for a living... Might be interesting to the listeners to know just how diversified the posters are here.

Well good luck and have fun.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

I guess it's not hard to see that we're all excited about it--go for it, Rich!

If the host is curious about what kind of people make up the members on TFL, you can boast that you have a graduate-school (Master's degree) educated German teacher (from the University of Tennessee, no less--that'll make the folks out in Jonesboro happy). I'm sure there are a couple of Ph.Ds lurking around here, too.

I found out about TFL while doing research on the web about the gun I now own--a HK USP. A lot of the input many of the shooters here helped me firm up my decision.

Let us know how the interview turned out!

jth

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

Rich, remember when TFL was first created back in Oct '98 & was still in Cammo Nappies ?
It was mentioned on Shooters Guntalk & you've been stuck with me since ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Rich, You go, boy, er, man!

------------------
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up... Yankee Doodle

Back