TFL End of Summer Meet II

Gunslinger

Here's is part two for the End of Summer Meet scheduled for August 12 & 13. It will be in Springfield, Missouri and is being hosted by terridarri and myself. As of right now there are 27 members scheduled to attend and a few that have ask to be counted as tentative via e-mail.
Rather than take up unnecessary space here (and to save my fingers from more typing :)) anyone that missed part one please refer to the link in Lock and Load forum at http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=46055 for specific details.
We would like to make the biggest TFL meet ever. Please post as early as possible to assist us in making the necessary preparations.
Again for convenience anyone needing more info please feel free to e-mail either myself gunscustom@aol.com or terridarri terridarri@aol.com .

PS Thanks Dennis for putting us back in General. :)

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Yahyes! My little brown-eyed sweetie said she'd come with me! Yeah!

I plan to be there Fri mid-afternoon Gunslinger. Now I gotta get 'hold of the Interstate Inn and try for a ground floor room.

Hooorah.

Sensop, in case you missed it in the other thread ;) and for anyone else planning to stay at the hotel the number is: (417)833-1550. Be sure to mention TFL.
I should also mention that anyone wanting to is free to camp here at my place......well at least the first 500 or so any way. :) :) :)

I posted it in the old thread but worth restating, if anybody from Pennsylvania wants to go and needs a ride, send me an email. I'll be glad to haul your butt to Mizzou. :)

Ammo, ammo, ammo: :)
I spoke with a local reloader about discount ammo for anyone interested while here. Thinking there may be those that either do not reload, do not want to haul a lot of ammo with them for the trip or are flying it may be convenient if they could get cheap ammo here. I'll list the price I was given for the basic calibers and anyone needing other calibers let me know and I will ask him for pricing on it as well. All prices are per 50 with cast bullets except the .223, which is FMJ.

9mm.........$6.00
.40 S&W.....$7.00
.45 ACP.....$9.00
.223........$8.00

He said he will make up as much as we need of each plus extra and hold them for the meet.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Size restraints? My God SVT, how big a target do you need? :D :D :D
Seriously, they provide the targets but we are allowed to bring our own as well. There are signs posted advicing that silhouette targets are not allowed. However it was "suggested" by the range director that we TFL'ers will be given some latitude regarding range rules since we are a group and I assured him we are responsilbe mature adults. ;)

Did ya get lonesome up here again George? :D

------------------
Gunslinger

PLanning on being there Early friday morning, Could you please list Tele numbers of any golf courses around there worth playing?? Anyone else interested in playing 18 before the REAL fun begins?? If so drop me a line i'm going to set a tee time for around 1:00pm 08-11-2000. Thanks :)

Golf? I'm a country boy so I can't tell you which ones are good but here are the numbers for a couple of the public courses:

Deer Lake: (417)865-3338

Greene Hill's Country Club: (417)742-3086

Let me know which you choice and I will post directions here.

Note: For everyone getting here on Friday the range will be open to the public from noon until 4:30 that day. We don't have it reserved but anyone wanting to check it out in advacne may. Also for anyone that would like to volunteer to help SVT carry his big ol' targets out to the range it would be appreciated. :D

My 25 yard targets are 8 1/2 X 11. I was just curious because my club here allows a maximum size of 24X24 for the 200 yard target. I realized after my post that your range maxes out @ 100 yards. So SIZE DOESN'T MATTER LOL

I plan on leaving Thursday after work (5pm or so). That means I should arrive there at between 7-8 PM on Friday.

Svt
"Rangers Lead the Way!"

[This message has been edited by Svt (edited April 12, 2000).]

Ok, I got the hubby talked into it - now ain't that a switch? However, I didn't need to do much convincing. His biggest gripe is we have to drive through Ill. to get there. So there will be three more for dinner. :D

[This message has been edited by Blueyedog (edited April 12, 2000).]

Correction, there will be 4 more for dinner. Once my brother heard where we were going he asked when *WE* were leaving. He can't wait to load up his collection and tag along. I thought I was going to have to stop him from loading the car tonight! He's like, "It's never too early to prepare." :D

This is going to be one damn hoot!

Anybody bringing a mini-14. Got to get ready for my sail. ;)

I was looking at prices for a TFL flag... Gotta buy six, $750 for the lot... 3x5... silkscreened...

Rich, et.al., what do you think? Should we pass the plate so we could have flags sent around to the various national and international get-togethers??

Sounds like a club to me!

Sure Don. Between equipment and suitcases it looks like we may have to take 2 vehicles anyway. (My brother could arm his own little militia ;) )If that happens they'll be plenty of room.

Back