Ten Years Ago and Today

• Thread starter Thread starter Q
  • Start date Start date
Congratulations on your tenth anniversary in Estados Unidos de Americas (forgive me for my poor Spanish). I've already expressed my feelings towards immigrants who, while embracing the "traditional" concepts highly esteemed by forefathers, strive to preserve the virtues which made this nation great. Frankly, I'm still willing to trade one immigrant for every lousy violent felon whose actions results in loss of our rights.

As far as guns, why not take good 'ole mom & pop down to the store and let them choose?

I have been drooling over PPSh since grade school. Had a chance to photograph <a href="http://ddb.com/RKBA/ppsh.html" target="_new">a non-transferrable</a> one recently, great design, chambered in a nice round. But I do not have $5K for a transferrable one and would rather not deal with the thugs-in-charge anyway.

I can't just take them to a store...parents would get overwhelmed and I wouldn't get engraving done. I think that a Model 66 4" (and a 4" .22 revolver if I am feeling rich) would do it. They are not that much into guns for fun, but like having one around. They checked out on my Colt Cadet .22, Glock 17 and Makarov, but with limited enthusiasm. This is a gift that I want them to have, rather than what they'd ask for. It is a gift that the grandkids get someday, when the hi8 camcorder or a new hard drive or a tie have long got used up and discarded. And I want the engraving to be there to remind them why.

------------------
If you believe in freedom and means of protecting it...you might be a gun nut.
http://ddb.com/RKBA

Gary, I am not defending the "lousy, violent felons by any means but they are not the reasons for the assault on essential liberties. They are the excuse.

The only good side to the propaganda about violent felons,is that we can use it to introduce people to utility of guns from self-defense from unorganized criminals. Once that is done, they might be more open to talking about the BIG organized one...and there the 2nd comes in.

Back