Temperature insensitive ball powder chart?

Tank1949,

The JDS is operated by a special powder funnel that has a hole already smaller than your 223 neck ID. Also, bear in mind there are short cut and smaller grains than just 4064-sized ones. I think you'll find something that works well for 223 with it. I've used IMR4198, RL 10X and Benchmark and H322 with it in .223 without issues that I recall.

I've used the same charge weights of stick powders in 308 Win and 30 caliber magnums in ambient temperatures from 20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and sub MOA accuracy at long range was maintained.

I've used the same charge weights of stick powders in 308 Win and 30 caliber magnums in ambient temperatures from 20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and sub MOA accuracy at long range was maintained.
I agree. I have only encountered extreme fluctuation when powder charge left a lot of empty cartridge space. The temp sensitive powders are not nearly as sensitive when compressed.

Lol, now I know why my hunting loads shoot like a dhotgun in the summer, but make nice clover leaf patterns in the winter.... Jeeemany Christmas..

Back