Tell us who you believe is the most trusted journalist in America.

Oatka

That's what the lead banner at the top of NewsMaxs' page says.

A poster on another board claimed the lefties were going to try and get Michael Moore (of "Roger and Me" fame and evidently pretty Left) by packing the vote.

Apologies to the camp for coming in late (poll closes 01/04) but I just ran across it.

Some names that have been proposed (at first I couldn't think of ANY):

Vin Suprynowiscz
Charley Reese
Tony Snow
Matt Drudge
John Stossel (ABC)
And any other pro 2nd Amendment types you may have read.
http://www.newsmax.com/vote/

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

HL Mencken.

Or is this only Live White Guys?

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Lawdog, I'm surprised at you. Now I know you have read some of Franklin's inflammatory and not to unbiased accounts of the events, which led to our unpleasanties with the mother country. He even had his bastard son, the royal governor of N.J., thrown in jail without due process. After all, who had the "law" on his side? My vote is none of the above. "Trustworthy journalist" is an oxymoron. P.S. Rush is not a journalist by his own admission. He is a political commentator and radio personality. Why would he want to be identified as a journalists?

[This message has been edited by ak9 (edited January 04, 2000).]

Yeppers. And he also canoodled (I'm being polite) his way across France, invented Yellow Journalism, and was a moral hazard to anything wearing a skirt in the States.

And I still trust him more than any other talking head in media today.

Unfortunately, that does say a little something about our media, doesn't it?

;)
LawDog

[This message has been edited by LawDog (edited January 04, 2000).]

I'd have a hard time choosing from among Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, and Cal Thomas, but any of them stands well above any other name I have read thus far on this thread.

I'd say Walther Williams is pretty high on my list because he tends to explain his biases. Meniken I can't judge, but he makes a lot of sense.

Walter Williams is great. He knows the Constitition extremely well. Sometimes I think Rush is a schill (not sure on spelling). He does come across with many pro freedom points, but he always seems to keep you occupied with drivel. I think he ought get even more outspoken and call a spade a spade. He dances with words too much!!

------------------
From my cold dead hands.

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard---oops, we're talking American journalists here...

------------------
Whatever happened to Cincinnatus?

Geraldo Rivera.

Okay, okay, stop screaming at your monitor. It was a joke.

John Stossel for sure.

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

1. Vin Suprynowicz
2. Leonard Peikoff (he's not really a journalist, he is an Objectivist author
and former talk show host)
3. Thomas Sowell
4. Walter Williams
5. Andrew Lewis (Objectivist talk show host)
6. Tibor Macahan (I think that last name is
spelled wrong)

I chose the above people because they represent the least contradictory way of thinking that I know of.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

There's one leetle problem here, folks.

The poll asks, "Who is the most trusted journalist in America?"

It does NOT ask, "Which journalist do YOU trust most?"

Or am I being paranoid? ;)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

I share Coin's concern. I know a few who would nominate "most trusted" as Joe Lockhart! Sowell and company are great scholarly minds, but I don't consider them journalists in the purest form. Contemporary "trustworthy" journalist? I'll go with John Stossel. He has probably done more good work in the mainstream media and presented libertarian viewpoints more effectively than any living reporter.

Rush has some good things to say but he has, himself, stated that he's an entertainer foremost. Times I just want to jump up & knock 'im in de 'ead, Blimey!

How could I have forgotten Walter?

We have a local, Ken Hamblin (black guy) - The Black Avenger, who again, I n't agree with what he says always, has somethings to say that are, at the least, thought provoking.

Hell, I can't agree with 1/2 of what we say in here! ;)

Coin, again, good catch. Shall we have a topic as to who's TFL's "conscience?" ;)

Coinneach, you're right about the original intent of the question. I tend to go off on tangents.

I have no idea who the most trusted journalist in America is. Who knows what, if anything, goes on in the mind of the average American? The fact that Clinton was elected twice doesn't say much for the average American, or their level of trust. But, if I had to guess, how about Paul Harvey?
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Back