Tell me we don't have a problem!!!

Never saw a bear in Florida growing up. Ever.

If there's no season for them, and per Game and Fish they don't exist, can you get in trouble for shooting one whenever you are afforded the opportunity if they are on your land?

BSWIV, you got one interesting problem... Which one do you shoot first?

I hunt a friends property in Hamilton county and this time of year the boars are on the move in search of a mate and are hell on feeders. Not much of a problem the rest of the year. Bears are fairly common in the northern part of the state.

FWIW, Florida used to have a bear season in Baker and Columbia counties. Hunted them with hounds. The tree huggers got it shut down in the late 80's or early 90's.

The state admits to having bears... Just not a population large enuff to support hunting season...

However there are lease lands all over where members stay just one year when they discover very limited deer or even hog populations getting to the feed plots or feeders...

Bears need hunted in several pockets of the state.

Brent

What the man said right there......................

""Bears need hunted in several pockets of the state.""

Not sure where your from, but we've been having alot of sightings in CT. I went camping last week and about 100 yds. from out site was a 2-3 ft wide scrape about 7 ft up a tree.

No problem with the cam, just the sow trying to get away from a lusty boar thats all....

She is looking back at him in the first pic, and he has followed her in the second two. In the first pic the bear is thinner and more lightly built than the second one, which is pretty hefty, even at a distance.

That's what I see anyway.

Back