Tell me about the Glock 20

My advice would be to get out and handle one before you buy. As a full-sized pistol they can be a handful, so if you have smallish hands it might be uncomfortable to shoot. Other than that, the Glock 20 is a nice pistol.

I'm not sure about the other guy but I never put an ounce of thought into a Glock 20 until I shot one and the recoil really isn't squat, at least not with whatever ammo was in there at the time (which was 10mm but didn't pay attention otherwise). My impression was .45 recoils more noticeably but maybe I was shooting some weak ammo.

I recently picked up a Glock 20 and I observed the following:

-40sw will function accurately with no modifications. That is to say you can load a g20 magazine with 40sw and it'll just run great.

-10mm factory ammo is widely divergent. Sig FMJ 180gn at 1300fps is fairly snappy, but you can get anything from 165gn @ 1200 fps to 200gn @ 1150 fps (wimpy) in common factory loadings. 200gn @ 1300 FPS is snappy though and I consider 180 at 1350 to be "real" 10mm ammo (AKA Underwood)

- I roll my own and my 2019 Glock 20 Gen 4 is a winner, no issues with bulge.

BULGE???

Look into a Storm Lake/KKM barrel. I shoot 14.5 #9/180gr cast in a G29(SL barrel)--cases measure .4275 @ base/load the Starline cases 50 times.

I have long fingers, and the G20 still feels big.
Big and square.
Two-by-fourish.
But, it holds lots of boolits.
A buddy of mine has blown his up, twice, but don't know it's Glock's fault.

Let's Get Sirius ...

the ALASKA STATE TROOPERS carry the G20 , in case of POLAR BEAR attacks

Seems the Troopies are a bit late to the party.

Denmark's Sirius Sledge Patrol has been arming its soldiers with the 10mm Glock 20 for well over a decade, due to their not infrequent encounters with agressive polar bears in the Arctic regions of Greenland. Such incidents have occurred while on patrol as well as in their base camps.

Sledge Patrol soldiers are also issued modified .30-06 P1917 rifles, but for obvious reasons those rifles are not always in their hands or even within reach when a polar bear suddenly appears.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/11/06/glocks-m1917s-the-redoubtable-arms-of-the-greenland-patrol

:cool:

Last edited:
Back