Tell me about the Beretta Nano.

I have the Nano, and have shot the Carry.

The Nano has the rounded trigger guard-the new carry has the squared like the Glock.
The grip is different. The Nano has the finger rest on the grip and has more space.
The New Carry has the large Serrations on front and back.
Grip has a more pronounced beavertail.

Basically they are the same gun but there are differences in the parts. Very subtle and I assume for the difference in the slide lock.

Some shooter say they feel as if the New model shoots with a little less recoil. I did not notice this. But the Nano is one of the most mild shooting Micro 9's made, so not sure that matters.

The New Carry has a slide lock

HVtka9k.jpg

TjVaGg9.jpg

8Zk7Uh6.jpg

**Note the Nano and the Carry can interchange grips and magazines. Some like the Carry receiver with the Nano Grip and vice versa.

**There are good deals now with the Nano since the Carry is out. Choosing between the two is going to be a individual call. Again, I actually prefer the Nano but that could be because I have a lot of round through one and just use to it. I might get the Carry down the road. But have two Nano's now and am happy. If Beretta sells the Carry Grips since it is a modular system, I will probably just by a grip to try out. Nano grips cost about $40.00.

Notice how you can mix and match

o0bsqzG.jpg

Parts: courtesy Beretta1546

Last edited:
Aesthetically, I prefer the Nano, but I suppose I need to handle them both to make a better informed decision. I have considered the Nano before and haven't abandoned the idea. I am interested in replacing my carry 380 with a 9mm. I don't have any reservations about the 380 caliber, but I want a slightly larger, slightly easier to shoot(well) pistol and I figure I might as well move up to 9mm.

Take your time. Many nice Micro 9mm's out there. One shoe does not fit everybody. I also love the Kahr CM9. Find what is right for you. Handle as many as you can and if possible shoot the one's you narrow down. All my Carry guns, are DAO. I am use to shooting them. Some that do not shoot them often, prefer a striker fired gun. A lot of choices.

Good luck with your search. Make if fun along the way. Don't be in a rush.

I would definitely be willing to try a new Nano at under $200.

Since the G43, and P365 grips are a little too small for my hands, is there any chance the Nano's size would work for me?

Unfortunately you got rid of a fine firearm, when you could have used a little bit of Locktight. Beretta designed the Pistol for easy removal of sights rather than have to take to a gun smith. Very, simple easy solution.
Here are a few sights on the Nano.

Bid Dot.

90NshIL.jpg

Dawson Fiber optic

W7xa1Ub.jpg

qzI76WQ.jpg

e6wQKmA.jpg

You'll probably find the Walther PPS an overall better gun in all regards.

No. The Nano hasn't a perfect track record (sights, 115gr).

Meh.

P365 eats it's lunch in all regards too.

If you wanted cheap single stack the PPS, then shield, then CM9, then the EC9s, then Nano.

Lol, What a bunch of nonsense with no facts, typical internet. How about you doing a complete review of the Walther or 365. I did. And please feel free to compare and actually prove your internet assertions.

Looking forward to your reviews. And Please let us see some pics. And please do not do a review of any guns you never have even shot or owned. :eek:

The OP asked for folks to tell them about the Nano. Not internet gossip.

Last edited:
Back