Tell me about silhouette shooting

I never saw a rimfire course. I did hear of one near Nashville, but never went to it. And, that 150 meter turkey was frustratin'.

Bob Wright

We Shoot in Waterloo NY.
They have rimfire pistol and rifle, both Irons and scope.
They have center fire pistol both irons and scope.

They also have "Club Rifle" which is any 22 rifle used to shoot the hand gun size animals. They have one set of animals for rimfire pistol because the bigger thicker ones for center fire do not always go down. "Clink" target does not fall.

Ballistics are similar for rimfire as center fire

David

If you've ever seen a Hickok45 video, you can get a basic idea. Shooting at steel targets across his hillside. Not official ranges I know, and the targets probably aren't regulation sizes, but the idea is the same.

BANG! PLINK! FLOP!

I shot some silos when there was a local club. Besides classes of guns, in this case classes of center fire handguns there was also 22rimfire classes. The ranges are different for CF & 22.
The targets are also different. You could never knock a CF Ram of the post with 22.
I don’t know why club died, I guess us old guys dropping out. I shot revolvers stock and many times had nobody to shoot against. Most shot XPs and TCs from laying down on their back positions. I did shoot the center fire pistol range with a 45/70 rifle once at practice session. Only time I shot a perfect score. The distances for CF rifle are greater than pistol also.

I went to a match last year at Buccaneer Gun Club in Leland NC. I showed up with my Marlin 981T .22 not really intending to shoot, but to check it out. In fact I rolled up mid match. The guys invited me to shoot and it was super fun. They were all in the pistol division and I shot it all off hand. Those Rams were a challenge off hand. I wasn't scored, but kind of shot what I wanted too. I want to go back and am waiting for another match. The 5 guys there were all friends and had been doing it together since the 80's.

Back