Teach Kids how to Kill?

A good teacher teaches you not only how to use your body as a weapon, but how to use your mind. It is the responsibility which SB and AnthonyR spoke of.

A child may be taught moves which are potentially fatal. When that child is taught depends on the maturing of his appreciation of the responsibility for his conduct. His teacher should have a role and if that pupil is not ready yet, then should not be taught. I consider myself lucky to have had a very good teacher.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

In the school, children cannot avoid sometimes that they have conflicts. As I said, I always advice my kids not to have any fight to any one as it will affects their personality in the school or they might be kick out for that matter. My daughter keeps complaining to me that sometimes her fellow students is trying to make trouble on her maybe because in student life you must have your own peer group and sometimes there are intrigues among students we don't know. Young people are agressive. As I said, I told my kids not to fight back as long as they are not hit. Non would like that your kids will be hit by another, because the only solution if something occur is a reprimand from the Principal or guidance counselor but your kids will suffer if he is the underdog.

Even in grade school kids has fight. My little boy who is 1st grade lst year is being drag by 4th grader, either the 4th grader is crazy or not I don't know. But we must accept the reality that frictions occurs in any schools among pupils or students.

Thus it is better for my kids to fight back rather than being beaten by any one and after the incident, whatever the consequences I am ready to face it. I am tired of being understanding to evil people no matter who he/she is. I know myself since I was a school boy, till I am a fraternity member in college of The "Alpha Phi Omega" which is founded in Lafayett College USA-1925, that right or wrong the doctrine should be followed for brotherhood, it is like comply first before you complain, for me know I have to use my mind before doing something. But as human we must know what is for others and others should know what is for us or in short follow the "Golden Rule".

I am teaching my 14 yrs old daughter of shooting too but I am not giving them access to my guns.

I love my wife and my kids and I don't want any one to hurt them nor they will hurt any one. But we must give the best advice to get away from trouble.

Thanks

I don't think you'll have a problem with your daughter getting into your guns...Not to interfere or anything...My dad only owns one pistol and i know where it is and if i have to it will be used.

------------------
"Those that give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

I dont get into many fights because i keep my mouth shut and dont talk about people. I dont let them trample over me, either.

------------------
"Those that give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Very interesting post!

I've come into it late, but it's never too late, is it?

My wife and I have custody of our 1st and only Grandson (for now). And he also wants to take the "course" in a local Tai Kwon Do academy. (I)we think it's a good idea. A mention was made of the school shootings, and in Ottumwa, IA, (our home now), a couple years ago there was a shooting, that left the one intended dead. I don't believe any amount of training would have spared the young man killed. He was the intended victim by the attacker.

As for others' preparing themselves for self defense, I'm all for it. It's a known, that the police (Sorry LEO's) are a reactionary force. It's an obvious impossibility for them to be everywhere, all the time. The Soviets did exactly that, and they still had crime of all flavors. As do the Chinese. Simply placing heavily armed police (really military) at every corner doesn't guarantee you anything resembling protection.

Best REgards,
Don

Don: You did the right thing in enrolling your grand child to MA school. Not all the time we can depend on LE's for our defense so we need to have some sorts of life or self preservation instrument to help them fights against evil. I look the real world the same as to movies when it comes to the LE's reaction to some incidents. They are just there already when the crime is finish, which is also normal to all situation. Thus the idea of learning self defense or arming ourselves for self defense is really necessary. This will be done also to our kids. I just remember, when I start my Karate and hapkido in High School and always practice it, I was always looked upon my neighbors as trouble maker and mostly said, that karate is nothing because of hand guns. But I hade proven, any one who holds a gun must also study any kind of martial arts to have a better composure as guns and karate has its own roles. Sometimes in real close combat karate and knife is a better weapon and has a lesser legal problems. But of course the Gun is the best equalizer.

Thanks.

Back