TC Venture - Barrel, safety, etc. problems

Well this is getting comical. I sent the rifle back 2 weeks ago, got a call the day after it got there about replacing it and was told they would call me back the following week (last week). Didn't get called back so I called last Friday, and was told the person I needed to talk to was gone for the day. Now I called them again (first time this week I was able to get enough time to sit through being on hold). They put me on hold again for about 10 min and when they got back on the phone they and they were not sure who had the rifle (ie. they lost it!:eek:), and of course will call me back next week. Yeah right. Seems like a bad joke at this point, can't do much but laugh (and maybe get a little POed on the phone).

Twins, I'll put some pics up of the dented primers this evening.

I would write a letter completely documenting every flaw, every time you sent it back, time for each return, the condition it came back in and how you will NOW settle for nothing less then a new rifle or a complete refund of your money. Make multiple copies of this letter addressed to the manager of quality, the company president, the CEO, and mail copies of this letter every other day until you get results. The only way to get results is to harrass them. It works. Oh yeah. And send these letters registered mail.

Here is a picture of some of the misfires. Top row is Federal, bottom row is Remington. The two on the right of each row are misfires. The next two to the left are rounds that fired, same rifle, incredibly inconsistent.

attachment.php

Warbird, I think you are right. I am going to have to start a letter writing campaign if they don't get it straightened out tomorrow.

Attachments

• Venture Dents.jpg
    Venture Dents.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 4,974
Dispute with your CC. I bought the Venture in .308 a few weeks ago and I have to admit I was blown away by the quality and accuracy. Have fired 120 rounds of various ammo no issues.

Firing problems

Having the same problem as Utah with the same caliber 30-06. It will fire maybe 4 times then 4 misfires. If you find anything else out let me know. I just purchased Rem Core lokt to try but sounds like it won't make a difference. Ill let you know if I find anything out too, doesn't sound like sending it in is a great idea?

Demand a full refund and buy a Vanguard. A better rifle IMO and in the remote case it's needed. CS second to none. You're dealing with a family, not a conglomerate. Just my 2 pennies.

Your customer service experience at TC remind me of my experiences with Remington. I had to contact the factory about problems with two new rifles in three months.

SharpFP - I was never able to get the problem straightened out in terms of getting a working rifle. I did end up getting a refund though, or at least I was told to expect a refund check in the the mail, hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks. And it only took me 3 months of calling a couple times a week :eek:

TC Venture Predator 22-250 Misfire

Looks like I am getting in on this conversation a little late, however, I would like to chime in: I have sent my TC Venture Predator chambered in 22-250 back to Smith & Wesson THREE times for the SAME issue. I just got it back about a month ago and it's STILL misfiring. There is no consistency to the misfire: Before this last time I sent to S&W, it would misfire after sitting for a while (I keep this gun locked and loaded at all times), now that I got it back, it will misfire every few shots. :mad: I love the accuracy of this gun (Almost sub MOA with Hornady Superformance), but I can't have a gun that misfires this consistently.

UtahGrouse, I feel your pain!

I purchased a Venture 30-06 in the fall of 2014 and was having misfires as well. I finally diagnosed it as too much firing pin protrusion. These rifles have a very short throw and there wasn't enough momentum being generated before the pin would contact the primer. It more or less pushed into the primer instead of smacking it like it should. I filed off about an 1/8th inch of pin until it had the same protrusion as my other bolt actions and all has been well since.

Actually the TC Venture is a great rifle, when they finally get it fixed. I have two of them. Both have gone back for warranty work. The things are ridiculously accurate. I actually gave up on TC getting the chamber right on one of the rifles so I threw it in the lathe and did it myself. Thankfully, one of my friends had a 270 WSM finish reamer.

Venture Magazine 300WSM

I had posted this Venture Magazine issue on another forum, but didn't get any feedback. I am hoping someone with a 270 or 300WSM can let me know their experience.

My buddy and I both have the TC Venture 300WSM rifles (I have had mine 2 years) and have been very pleased with it. We both have this issue.

If you close the bolt, fully load the magazine (3 rounds) and re-insert, then try to rack the bolt, the bolt hits the top cartridge and does not allow the bolt to open. You have to slightly release the magazine, then work the bolt. The bolt probably could be forced open, but it would take excessive force.

On my rifle, if I only load 2 rounds in the mag, the bolt will almost freefall (with gravity) all the way open. So it is definitely related to the 3rd round in the mag. (very little compliance in the mag with the 3rd round installed)

I did a test with some new brass (unloaded, unsized) just to be able to watch what was happening. With 3 cartridges in the mag, I could force the bolt open, but it put a dent in the top cartridge. I would probably not be able to notice this if the brass was fire formed.

My friend contacted S&W they wanted his rifle. He agree only to send his magazine. He got a new magazine, but it did nothing to solve the issue.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Back