Taylors vs Uberti?

I could be wrong here, but,,,

I could be wrong here, but,,,
Aren't all Taylor's guns Made by Uberti?

I've read that in several places.

Aarond

Ok Jim and Stormson,

I'm sure I'm wrong about the guns you're talking about. If they are paid for tune ups, that's different.

My point is, buying an El Patron, Smoke Wagon or the like right off the shelf has a spring set in it and isn't what I would call a tuned action. A set of springs and (possibly) corrected timing is a good thing and if that's enough to call it a "real tuned action" then that would be a bare minimum. As I stated, there is quite a lot left to do on these "higher end" offerings. You can take a run of the mill Cattleman and make any of the "tuned" guns you want.

The main reason I have my El Patron Competition is because it was the first one I had ever seen. The lower / wider hammer spur was just perfect to me for ease of operation while staying on target. That and the 5 1/2" tube made for an excellent functioning, looking and handling revolver!

I'm not knocking these "off the shelf" guns. On the contrary, I bought one!!!! They are excellent platforms to begin with and without too much fuss, can be made incredible performers. Ultimately, they can be made virtually indestructible!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Last edited:
Thanks Hawg,,,

I didn't make that distinction,,,
Thanks for pointing that out.

As an added thing,,,
I own a Taylor's 5 1/2" Cattleman in .22 LR,,,
It's a pure joy with which to shoot cans at the range.

Aarond

I've got a Uberti/Cimarron in 44-40 and had a Cattleman imported by Stoeger and the Cimarron is much better than the Cattleman was.

Back