TAURUS

custom firearms don't interest me much. i did happen on a 4" model 44 taurus in 44 mag. it is a very nice and very handy sized 44 mag revolver, it is ported and has "ribber" hand grips. the combination of these features make it a fine handgun and i enjoy it more than my 7 1/2" ruger redhawk. the taurus is more comfortable to shoot and is as accurate as the ruger. if you can find a similar model in 45 lc i think you would enjoy it. the 4" barrel makes a world of difference in the comfort of carrying it around and it matches the accuracy of the longe 7 1/2" ruger.

I have a Model 65 Taurus 357 revolver with 4" barrel that was made in the early 80's in stainless steel. I haven't fired as much high volume as many, but the gun has been flawless since I bought it new for less than $300 (1980's dollars).

I certainly can't speak for other people, but that was probably the best "bargain" firearm I ever purchased. It's still one of the most accurate shooting revolvers I have ever owned. I am rather fond of it.

The other closest bargain was probably my Chinese SKS infantry rifle I purchased NIB for about $90, but that is another story altogether.

Thanks Guys for all the input. Sorry I have been busy. I like all Firearms, unless they are really bad news. The Taurus revolvers and semi-autos that I have all serve we well and great fun when at the range. I have many high quality brand-name pistols and revolvers (Colts, Rugers, Kahr, S&W, Sigs, and Taurus) I also have Bersa, Keltech, and I do enjoy them all. But my Taurus 99,and 92 and both of my Taurus Trackers are the ones I shoot the most and enjoy the most.

V/R
J.Budd

I gave my daughter a model 605 that I bought around '94,that was supposed to have been run through their custom shop. I believe it said it on the box.It had been tuned and ported,and is bright stainless. It is a slick little revolver.

I wouldn't spend any money to get custom work on a Taurus. My personal experience with their revolvers is that they are like shooting dice to get a good one. To me they are not worth the trouble even though their CS is good, However, they were never able to fix one of mine, and correct the misfires with any ammo including premium factory.

Jerry

Back