Taurus: what wrong with them? (Titanium Tracker)

As far as dry firing it...what if I use Snap Caps? Then is it okay to dry fire it? Also, if I got the stainless model can I then dry fire it, or are all "Tauri" recommended not for dry firing?

I use snap caps all the time. There are these injection molded caps (basically, plastic bullets) that a really cheap. I don't understand the advantage of dry firing...why would that be better then snap caps? If it's to "wear" in the trigger action, wouldn't "firing with caps do the same thing?

I see some QA complaints in general, which seems to happen with all guns but only two specific complaints about the Tauri:

My only problems were the light strikes (mentioned in my first post) and the 669 lost timing. Fit is quite good.

I saw one comment above about strength. What exactly is weak about the Tauri brand revolvers?

Good question...whoever made that comment should explain it to us all. Years ago, it may have been valid...but that was probably 10 years ago.

And, the other comment was about trigger jobs. I have noticed that the Tauri triggers are not as smooth, but I figure that that can be remedied by myself or a gunsmith. Can I do a revolver trigger job myself (smoothing the contact surfaces) with a Dremel tool like I do on almost everything else I do?

If you do this, you may void an excellent warranty. If you aren't satisfied with the trigger, send it back to Taurus.

Ps- Also, Robert said that the "engineering is crude". Wht does that mean? The internal mechanical workings are crude? Or are they just simple? (Which can be good). Or, is there something else about it that is "crude", like the process by which they are made?

Curious about this myself...what did you mean, Robert? Every Taurus I've owned has had fit as good as a S&W or Ruger. Not as good as a Freedom Armory revolver though (of course...$1500.00 vs. $500.00 do tell).

Mine was stainless steel, and the manual said: "Dry Firing is bad for this gun, even if ......" The manual said nothing about dry firing with snap caps. I agree with positive reports of the gun (given by others above), but intending to have only one revolver, I could not opt for the one that explicitly and catagorically precluded dry firing in the manual that came with the gun.

Back