Taurus TX-22 or M&P22 Compact

Unless the Taurus really blows away the S&W M&P 22 Compact then it comes down to the company's. themselves..
Which Company do you want to be with?

S&W or Taurus?
I think that answer is easy.....
Neither company has a sterling track record as far as customer service is concerned. I have an MP22C and I really like it, but it's not the most accurate .22 I have ever fired. I have yet to see a TX-22 for sale locally.

Have both. The TX 22 is the first Taurus I have bought in a long time. It has been flawless. In my first two and a half weeks I have ran close to 1500 rounds through it and not one problem. Great trigger, feeds anything, very accurate,
16+1 round magazines. Solid little pistol.
M&P Compact. Thousands of rounds through it. Very seldom any problems with it. In fact I wore the firing pin and spring out I shot it so much. Smith sent me a shipping label. Had it back in two weeks fixed. Great customer service. My previous experience with Taurus Customer service is not good. Hope I don't need it.
Have several M&P's that I CCW. The Compact was to be a sub caliber trainer for the bigger guns. Trigger, sights, everything pretty much M&P. Except it is more like a single stack Shield in the grip department. Had to put some Talon grips on mine to get a good purchase. Grip really tiny for my hands.
The Taurus is a great sub caliber generic trainer for the current crop of G19 sized guns. So to me each one has it's own purpose. Either will be excellent for a fun plinker, trainer for beginners, trail gun. The M&P would be easier to carry do to it's smaller size on walks on the trails. The Taurus would give you 16+1 rounds in a larger package. Just have to figure out which would meet your needs better. Both excellent little .22's. And not picky on ammo like a lot of the newer .22's.

I haven’t handled the Taurus, but I have an M&P 22 and it is a great little pistol.
I have shot close to 1,000 rounds of all different brands of 22LR through it and I
Have not had a single hiccup. It’s as accurate as I can shoot, handles well and is threaded for a can if I want.
I had a Ruger SR22p that I traded for the S&W because the slide came of while shooting. Ruger fixed it, but something about it come back in my face did it for me.

I'm the OP here. I ended up buying the TX22 some time in April and love it. 400 rounds through it now with zero problems. Really a fun gun.

Back