Taurus Quality

Seen Rugers and Smith&Wesson which do say dryfiring is fine,cause damage to firing pin
I know that "dry firing" with Rugers is "fine", because my Ruger Instruction Manuals say so. Does the above quote mean that dry firing Smith & Wessons causes damage to the firing pin?

One of my first handguns was a stainless model 85 CH, it was a fine shooting gun (at short distances). Quality was above what I expected.

My only major complaint about it was the trigger pull was very difficult to manage. Very long and hard to pull. I took the gun to a gunsmith and he tried to iron it out, but it didn't make much of a difference. My first wife got this gun in the divorce.

I also had a 92 AF blued, and absolutely loved this gun. Was by far above the Beretta standard of quality and was accurate as all get out. I sold this handgun to get a Glock 27, which I never got around to purchasing.

I would gladly buy another Taurus handgun, without giving it another thought. I actually miss these guns alot from my small collection.

As for other brands, I will never buy a new Smith and Wesson handgun, simply because of their deal with the Govt. I might buy from a private dealer, only if S&W get's no money from the transaction...I have still yet to do this either.

Ruger for me is out of the question, I don't care for their trigger pull.

tyro, my quote about dryfiring for Ruger and S&W meant regardless what the manual says, IMHO I do not , have not and will not dryfire any firearm. I have seen S&Ws that have had trouble with firing pins, whether they were dryfired or not. The same applies for Ruger, regardless what the manual says. This does not mean that you will have problems because you do dryfire. Just as I may have a problem with my firing pin even though I don't dryfire. Taurus did have alot of trouble in their early days, but I feel they have made huge changes in Quality Control. I believe Taurus fully understands that a firearm is after all , a fine machine that needs to be operated for what it was intended for. Ruger, S&W, and anyone else who encourages dryfiring IMHO is teaching us not treat our firearms as they should be treated. My automotive manuals tell me to change the oil every 7,500 miles, I do it every 3,000. All 3 gunmakers here make excellent firearms and we all have favorites. I hope we all have principles also. WHO HAS SOLD US OUT!

As touching DA revolvers, the only ones I own are Tauri. I have two of them. An M85, and a M605. The former has given me no problems at all. The latter lost the cylinder latch pin the first time it was shot. Because I was out in the desert at the time, it was completely lost, and I was forced to send it back to Taurus for a replacement. They put in a new pin, sent it back, and it has been fine ever since. :cool:

a buddy had a taurus many yrs ago 15 or so ,and i was not too impressed.but my wife has a taurus revolver and a pt-92 they are fantastic guns.

Back