Taurus 689 Range Report

I bought a lightly used 4" 689 in 2000 or maybe 2001 for $199. It was made in 1990, IIRC.

It has a very nice trigger and has functioned perfectly for me. It's not quite as good a shooter as my best Smiths, but it's very close. I like it very much and sure wouldn't mind having a 6" to keep it company.

I still have My Model 689 (acquired in 2004) and continue to shoot and enjoy the revolver.

I got some Thai wood grips for it a while back (as shown below), and whilst I like the look of them I found the grips increased felt recoil significantly, (producing blisters in the web of the hand even when shooting .38spls), and so have refitted the original rubber Taurus grips.

taurus_689_wood25.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. Know it's an old thread but just wondering if anyone still has their Taurus 689/669?

I have a 1989 Model 669 High Gloss blued 6" barrel. I love that gun. The trigger is awesome and it is super accurate.

Taurus 669

I own a 1994 669 6 inch blue and really like it. I've also owned many S&W revolvers. Back in the day, (1978) Smith would sell to LEO's at a really great price so I stocked up.
I have since become a big 1911 fan and stayed away from revolvers for a while. Then I bought a snubbie and started reading my old Bill Jorden and Elmer Keith books, next thing I'm buying more revolvers and going to the range.

Back