Taurus 608SS4 owner opinions

Finally ran it through the ringer with over 500 rounds now and have experienced zero issues.
Trigger pull measures a shade under 10 lbs DA and 3 lbs SA, not amazing but smooth and consistent.
Great revolver that's comfortable to shoot and very accurate, plus a steal for the price.
Good learning experience to boot.
That's seven for seven now with Taurus firearms, three rim fire rifles and four center fire revolvers.
This was the only one with issues that I believe were caused by the previous owner(s) and not any fault of Taurus themselves.
For me at least that's proof that you can't believe everything that you read on the internet... Bonjour?

Not a Taurus basher

I have had a number of Taurus guns over the years, no real issues just great value for money.
My latest acquisition is a model 94, I love that little 9 shooter. Yes the double action trigger is atrocious. So is any other .22 revolver in the same frame size.

It was a PITA to tear down and clean tho. Dear Taurus, please do not put loctite on the grip screw of rubber grips. It was a real pita to get that screw out without destroying the grip in the process.

I did ind a little piece of debris that was inhibiting the lockup tho it "worked" prior, it is better now.

For 200 out the door I am not complaining. Very accurate little revolver. I like shooting it in the garage with CB caps. My semi autos are a pain with CB caps.

Turkeeshooter...you really did get a steal at that price. We have one too and really do love it. We have two Taurus guns in our collection, a revolver and a pistol. Love them both. All my girlfriends want a pistol like mine. When they see it they love it. Taurus makes a good product IMO. Not everyone can afford a Rolls Royce! And even if I could I would still like my little PT22.

attachment.php

Happy Shooting!

~ Jazz

:)

Attachments

• Taurus mine with pink grips and gold highlights. HP22 .22LR.jpg
    Taurus mine with pink grips and gold highlights. HP22 .22LR.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 829
Back