Talk to me about CZ bolt action rimfire rifles,,,

Davidson's has three Special Military Trainers in stock right now. And, you get a lifetime warranty from Davidson's.

Wow I really love the look of that FS model! That looks very classy.

Me too!! I really does look great!!

However, I think that if I get a .22LR, I will probably get the Farmer.....

It is so much cheaper than the others, even if they are not bank breakers to start with...

I have many cz rifles, including a cz455 lux in .22wmr. They are all great rifles! Go get one, you wont regret.

I have a 455 in .22WMR and like it, but had to do a lot of work to make it shoot as well as it could with the cartridge.

If I were buying a rifle for a kid, I'd think about getting a stainless rifle with a tubular magazine. Marlin and Savage make pretty good ones for the money and regardless of how poorly they're maintained, they probably won't rust. They'll also maintain value longer than rusty guns, should he want to trade for a nicer rifle in the future.

I have a 452 Full Stock.
It's an amazing shooter.
The barrel is very tight.
I use a .17 caliber bore snake. A .22 snake gets stuck.
It's a classic in looks and has a WOW factor at the range.
The barrel floats.
Magazines are a little steep and the grooved rail is 11 MM not 3/8ths.
Irons are incredible.

I bought it for the purpose of leaving it to my grand daughter.

Keep in mind CZ is discontinuing the 452 line.
They won't be around much longer.

AFS

I could be wrong but I believe the CZ452 has been discontinued for
over a year. The 455 replaced it. Some guys swear by the 452 over
the 455 but you know how that goes---?

.02 David :)

There are still NIB 452s out there, get one while you can. Best value in rimfires IMO. Scratch that, best value in firearms period (I have the CZ 75B/Kadet 9mm/.22).

I have the 452 Scout in .22lr and the 452 Lux in .22WMR.
I'm 6' tall and love the Scout even with the short LOP. Real nice sights, super accurate.

I benchrest shoot only 308 Cal. in the worm weather. In the cold months I did not shoot at all until I bought a used 452 Varment 22 LR to shoot indoors for trigger time. I just love rifle, they are very accurate & well made, will last forever. Can't go wrong with a CZ.

I still can't believe he's turning out okay being raised by a (sob) musician.
Musicians aren't all that bad... I have been known to hum a few bars myself. Between the Henry you're giving him and the musical influence, maybe he could be the next Roy Rogers.:eek:

Seriously, though. Giving him the Henry and getting yourself the CZ sounds like a good solution... You get Uncle points, and you get a new rifle at the same time: win-win:D

Last edited:
I've owned both the .22 with the Manlichner stock and the full stocked 550 in 30-06 and both were far more accurate than I can shoot---keep in mind the company building these rifles has been building full stocked rifles for years over there and have an excellant reputation for quality---I would reccomend a CZ without any reservations at all---very good guns----John

What is the barrel length on a 452 Military Trainer?

The CZ website say 20.75",,,
But other sources say it's barrel is 24".

Can any owners measure theirs for me please?

Aarond

CZ is the way to go. 452 Trainer barrel length is the same as 452 Lux @ 24.5".

Here is my CZ rimfire family:

First is 452 Lux, .22LR

5989266600_ab62f43e63_b.jpg

followed by 452 FS .22WMR

6182868261_f265ba2458_b.jpg

my paper punching machine, 452 Ultra Target .22LR (452 Ultra Lux & Klinsky match stock)

6814582755_89435b1c6b_b.jpg

:D

Nice rifles Maxi,, but, and I don't want to interupt a killer thread by anymeans but my son picked up the latest CZ magazine slash catolog, and it's full of beautiful rifles,, like these 452 LUX rifles, I like the 527 Varmint Target, just my two cents fellas:o:)

CZs are great rimfires, and given the quality and accuracy they are worth the money. If you are seeking something less expensive take a look at a Marlin bolt action .22. I am rehabilitating my 1970s vintage Marlin that has not been touched in decades and it shoots great groups and never fails to function.

Reviving an older thread,,,

Back in March I decided I wanted to own one more .22 rifle,,,
I decided (after a lot of looking at different rifles) that the CZ-452 Trainer was it,,,
I justified my decision by saying I would give my Henry AccuBolt to my 14 year old nephew.

Unfortunately after making the decision I couldn't find a new one anywhere,,,
I had almost given up hope of being able to locate one to buy.

But Tuesday morning I got an E-mail notification from Buds Gun Shop [budsgunshop.com] ,,,
They received some new stock and this time I didn't hesitate,,,
I whipped out the trusty Discover card and ordered one.

My CZ-452 Special Military Trainer in .22 LR is on it's way! :D

I'm very excited.

Aarond

Back