Tactical sxs?

In that case, muskets worked for a couple hundred years... Anyone use a tactical musket for HD?

The Rock one armed two pumps at once....

Last edited:
OK

Remember.....the thing is called "Coach" gun for a reason. When did stagecoaches go out of fashion? When we entered WWI, did we bring Coach guns? No, we brought trench guns.
I like SXSs and own four of them. I hunt with them and they work wonderfully well..

One idea....my only disagreement... is about that two sight pictures with a SXS.
Not.
One sight.....one sight picture. You should not be looking at the sight in any case...look at what you are shooting at.
Look....

Two sight pictures....Nuhuh

Loading a Side X Side

I don't care how fast you can load a sxs. If you want to reload one you have to break the action open.

So if you empty one barrel, your choice is to break it open or trust that you can finish the job with that second shot. If the BG sees that you have a SxS, he also knows you only have one shot.

But with a pump or a semi, you not only have a magazine that commonly holds 3 to 7 rounds in addition to the one that may be in the chamber, you can top the magazine off while keeping the weapon ready to fire. Unless you just unloaded the magazine, the BG is unlikely to know that you have kept the gun topped off between shots.

I have to call BS pm a few other claims. It simply isn't true that the first shot is the only one that counts if you do your part without flaw. What if there is more than one BG?

Nor do you only have a single shot with a pump if one arm is decommissioned. It slows you down, but you can hold the gun and rack it with one arm.

How can anyone say in one breath that they did as good as most of their friends, but in the next breath that none did any better than themselves? that you only did as good as most means you did not do as well as some.

Last edited:
I love these threads

This is what's called an "academic discussion"

A lot of these discussions blur the line between "home defence" situations and "combat" situations.

Arguments can be supported and examples presented to favor any choice of shotgun or firearm.

Yes, doubles only have 2 shots and have to be broken open to reload.

pumps can be short shucked and autos can jamb. I've seen both on the dove field. and the 3 shot plug may be in.

Yes I have out performed others on the dove field with a cheap double when they had expensive autos and pumps.

it is the person behind the sights that decides performance

etc, etc, etc.

yes the first shot does count the most, even when there are two bad guys

My favorite part of these discussions;
pump trumps double gun
auto trumps the pump
40 cal trumps the shotgun
AR trumps pistols and shotguns
50 cal sniper rifle trumps the AR
well placed claymore mines trump the 50 cal
short range battle field nuke trumps all

I have a Stoger Uplander (2 trigger model) ,it is a beautifully made shotgun for an inexpensive model, Fit and finish is superb and the 3" chambers are a nice touch! Mine is a 29Ga and I doubt it will ever see 3" shells.
I like the extractor s it gives you a positive pull to clear the spent shells. Reloads are slow at first but skill developes with pratice,
I shoot low base dove loads for pratice, with a sprinkling of Phesnt loads to get used to recoil.
I also have a Pump 12 ga, just because that's what I was weined on and I feel totally comfortable using a pumpgun!
BPDave

Back