"Tactical" Light debate

6-Volt

Spectre:

To really reach out there with a 6-Volt Light and still have plenty of runtime, consider obtaining a Turbo-Head for your 6P. It takes the photons that would have left the area at acute angles and sends them right down the middle.

This creates a nice tight "hot spot" - This may be extremely useful for your application.

As far as projectiles, I've heard that some WWII German troops were exposed to Force-on-Force training using wood bullets and with full face helments, all part of an effort to teach young lads to line somebody up in the sights and squeeze the trigger. Given the historical statistics of the actual percentage of folks aiming bullets in a battlefield firefight, this made a tremendous amount of sense.

I don't think all survived the training....wood bullets...ouch.

I have a SureFire weaponlight on my nightstand Glock, with the 3v head. I have found that I can illuminate adequately at head level with the gun at low ready, due to the SureFire's excellent off-axis light pattern. I've practiced scanning and moving in my place at night, and with proper use of the momentary switch I just don't see a downside. No night vision loss, no safety issues, no fumbling with a handheld light or transitioning between Weaver/Harries to strong-hand/pistol + weak-hand/doorknob etc.

Spec: I am glad that you are putting the minor caliber's where they belong [in a support role ;)] Friends don't let friends shoot mouse guns you know :D
I look forward to your report on the carbines. Also you might want to think about trying some reduced loads with 500 grain lead bullets for low flash in your Guide Gun. If you used something like Paco's turtle load the powder should be all burned before it gets to the end of the barrel or porting.

Back