Tactical Goggles.

Coronach

First off thank you for regocnizing my supreme level of TRUE skill at bringing a thread down. Secondly I'd like to point out that had I started a thread asking about bullets that defeat ballistic vest material for my "cop killa" gun that everyone would've jumped me pretty badly. I started my childishness after he started his "I want to be Randy Weaver" rhetoric, so it was justified, and more importantly it was funny :)
Good Day

Tactical ???!!! :rolleyes:

Sheesh, we need to have a trigger on this site. Three uses of the word "tactical" and you're gone.

Everybody's a SEEL :rolleyes:

M1911

I've tried both Lightfighter and Tactical Shop.

I ordered the Gemtech pistol lanyard from Lightfighter and the High Speed Gear industries thigh holster. The Lanyard came posthaste, the holster was on backorder. When I sent an e-mail asking how long the backorder would last, I got a reponse later that same day. I'd definately buy from Lightfighter again.

I tried ordering a blackhawk holster from Tactical Shop's blackhawk blowout that they had a while ago (September? October?) Sent them an order and nothing ever came. Fortunately, they didn't charge my account, leaving me to wonder whether the order got lost in the mail, or they lost it. Either way, I'm not buying from them again.

Sheesh, we need to have a trigger on this site. Three uses of the word "tactical" and you're gone.

Good bye all the owners of USP tacticals I guess then, eh?

Hehehehwarchortlehahaha

Thanks all, I needed a laugh. This thread's pretty funny - methinks it was mostly light hearted, those who are gettin' all uptight need to look at the light side. :D

Bolle T800 tact goggle

Hi,

I'm a Lightfighter oversea customer since a long time ago,I was never disappointed from him,he is a reliable and good top-quality-gear dealer.

I got from him my Bolle' T800 tact.goggle,a very good eyes shield indeed.

Just my 0.2

PP out

Tactical goggles

For a goggle to be a tactical model, it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of the lens (they are usually clear), nor the blackness of the frame. A good set of tactical goggles are made to work in conjunction with appropriate head gear and also have a lens that is rated to defeat puncture by high volocity projectiles (like shooting classes). Blacked out to fight against flashbangs is certainly not their job.

Better goggles are usually lower profile, better quality, and heavier duty. This allows them to not only protect your eyes like a pair shooting glasses, but they also allow unrestricted peripheral vision and do not impede the use of iron or optical sights on long arms. Having a goggle instead of glasses prevents gaps between the frame and the face -- which can be a good thing in a tactical environemt and is a requirement for many teams and departments. Most Ski goggles are not made in a low profile like this (they don't need to be), and many of them are not available in subdued colors.

998871497684.jpg

My favorite Tactical goggles are the Bolle T-800. These are what I use when I train and they work very well. Fog is never an issue and they remain more comfortable to me when wearing hearing protection for a long time than glasses. You don't have to be a SWAT guy to appreciate the benefits of a good pair of goggles (there is a reason they use them).

We've been using ESS goggles on my team for about 5 months now. Helicopter, desert and urban use - they are great in all of 'em. I've used Bolle, Oakley and some others and these are by far the best.

these are the ones we use
tact.gif

and believe it or not, they have the dreaded "T" word in their name -- ESS Tactical :D

they can be found at ESS

Have fun

BTW - the flash is the least you need to worry about if a flash bang goes off near you. It's the bang and shockwave that daze you long enough to get that metal infusion :D

Dan

Those are real nice tactical goggles. I like their tear offs features. It too bad that the price is beyond my reach.

I sell the ESS goggles, too (they are on my website) and they are nice. They are strong and they are inexpensive (except the turbo cam with the built in fogging fan). I will still use nothing but the Bolle T-800 because of the range of vision (ESS can't match) and the low profile (ESS are bulky in comparison).

I have the ability to use whatever I want to when I train (at OPS, PRO-TAC, Front-site, Etc) just by raiding my inventory -- I have anything I want. I have used most of everything at least once and I refuse to ever wear any tactical goggles but the Bolle T-800.

Back