Tactical Flashlight

My light(s) are the free LED based lights that Harbor Freight gives away most months. When they're not free they're like two dollars. Metal body, end cap switch, take regular AAA batteries, brighter than be-hookey. They're still matte black for all those that feel the need for that. I've dropped them on the concrete floor and not broke 'em. At that price I can afford to have one in every bag, pocket, glove compartment etc.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

any surefire flashlight 50~$100 will do! I bought the $50 model? its like 65 lums and works great for everything I need. Don't buy any flashlight that has "charge mode" I like the ones with batteries so when power goes out I can swap out more in if I need to.

I have gone to the Fenix line exclusively now...best lights I have ever had.

Also, I will not buy a light that uses alkaline batteries.

Last edited:
Tactical light

I bought a Coast px 25 at home depot, lowes has them also. Pali about 25 bucks, takes 3 AAA batteries, and is rated at 200 lumens. It has done well so far.

Losing my beloved Inova T4 rechargeable last month I wanted a less costly replacement. Settled on the Maglite XL50. Not as nice as the Inova but a bright. Little booger for only $30. Uses AAA's too.

Shadi Khalil, that Fenix E11 is 105 lumen. I just bought it and the Fenix LD22 and am very impressed with both. I actually bought the E11 just to throw in the car but am really pleased with how bright it is for a one AA light. I'll stick with the Fenix line for now.

Go to Amazon and look at the Nitecore MT2A or MT1C. Nitecore seems to have some of the best-valued lights around; I'm hanging out in the hospital with my wife (c-section 2 days ago) and I've been reading reviews on forums and such for a long time today. Also, for $55 or $60 you can get a 4Sevens flashlight. People seem to rave about them. Foursevens.com. Check out the Quark Pro, Quark Tactical, and mini lines there.

Shootniron, why not use alkaline batteries? Just curious as a newbie to flashlights?

I have never found the alkaline batteries to be consistent in run time. This may be due to shelf life or many other influences, I suppose. I have had much better service from the lithium batteries and when bought in bulk, they are not overly expensive and the long shelf life makes them very easy to live with.JMO and YMMV

I'll throw it out there...Surefire G2X or the Surefire G2X Pro (dual) model.

The new 320 lumen version is very nice for the price.

For those who have not read about the hazard associated with usinig 2x CR123 in a flashlight. I would suggest that you google.. CR123 battery fires.

I had one small problem that caused smoke and caustic smell but thats when I found the articles on fires. I have sense switched to single cr123 lights and those that take AA lith.

just a FYI

Back