Tactical dress shoes???????

Oh yeah .... I have the Rockports and, although comfortable and easier to run in, they don't approach the A-E in quality or durability. If you anticpate ever having to do clearance drills with the sole of your shoe, the Rockports won't work. OK shoes, though, and probably suitable if you don't have to walk much on concrete or other abrasive surfaces that will quickly wear out the soles, don't foresee doing malfunctions drills on your shoes, and don't generally keep your shoes for decades.

lgh

neckties

Any LEOs remember the ties in Galls that were velcro, so that if someone tried to pull them they came loose. Only came in black though.

Basically a normal "tie" except around the neck was two piece velcroed together. Don't see why a normal "dress" tie could be done similiar. Check with a tailor and see.

Here's a strange recollection...

Not that I haven't been weird here before, but as I reread this thread I remembered something.

I had two pair of Dressports in the past. They were comfortable and able to be worn with a suit (mine were wing tip style as I recall)...not particularly durable, but at the time, in my line of work, all I looked for was comfort and appearance.

I just remembered that they made my feet stink...ok, there...I said it. I'm a decent sized guy: 6'1" 200 or so lbs and had never had a "stinky feet" problem...but those Rockport Dressports made my feet reek.

Anyone else notice that, or was I going through "a phase"?

Point of reference, I "switched" to Doc's many years ago and my dress-cas brown brouges are nigh on 4 years old and still look great and smell like leather (inside and out)...My 8" kicker boots have been to work in the office, at countless ranges in all kinds of weather, 1000 target trapshoots in 90 degree heat, tons of gigs/concerts with random barfing, etc., etc. and still smell like leather (inside and out).

The brits can't make a gun-friendly society, but I'll be smacked with a banger if they can't make a damn good shoe.

-Spazz (needs sleep)

Maybe they use "mad cow" leather or something ;-)

Back