Tactical advantage?

.45 ACP 1911A1: 3 Wilson Combat 1911 Magazines, .45 ACP, Full-Size, 8 Round, Lo-Profile Steel Base Pad. 1 in the piece, 2 in a belt-borne magazine holder. Original factory magazine in a jacket pocket. No BUG.

Canik C-100: 2 Stock magazines. 1 in the piece, one in a belt-borne magazine holder. A 3rd magazine, intended for a full-size Cz, goes in the other recess of the magazine holder. No BUG

Looking into actual numbers of rounds fired, as in shootings, it seems fairly common to see numbers like 2 or three rounds fired?

But there have been instances that a 16 round capacity pistol has been fired to lock back? Now empty? I have no crystal ball, but carrying my Gen 4 Glock 19, the way I dress? Is easy to conceal, an extra 17 round magazine is a no sweat solution? To whatever could happen.

So I have always carried one of those. And a Surefire flashlight, said light has been used way more than my pistol.
But my carry Pistol is not for what is going to happen, but rather what could happen.

I have pointed guns at people, but not fired them? Hard to do when you are not carrying one? So carrying a spare magazine is a mute point? But I always do, regardless.

Once or twice, just because, I have a few of those, back pocket carried a .380, in a back pocket. It is a pain, you sit on it, bangs off things!

You hear stories of people who do not always carry? And need one, on a day they do not have one?

Could not happen to me, I always carry. And an extra magazine.

What can I say, I only went to a Catholic School. Started at age 5, 1940, we were not too concerned about much then, except getting food, and not being bombed by German Planes.

But thank you so much for pointing out the errors in my post.

I will check more carefully in the future. (Y'might?) Another question mark? 2.

Brit.

Right there Glenn, the main tactical advantage that we all can do, carry when we can, always. And be aware of your surroundings, items/vehicles/people, in places they should not be, or conversely, were they should be.

A strange Restaurant, you have not been to before, note ways out! Do not sit with your back to the door. My Wife knows where to sit, and normally has a bathroom visit. And lets me know if that is the way out!

Back