Tacki-cool handguns

^Okay, so a gaudy, patriotically themed Hi-Point with a stray star is not for a person of discriminating taste such as yourself. How about the understated elegance of a zombie themed Hi-Point?:

hi-point-c9.jpg

tahunua,

Labeling of the grip on the XD-9 SC is embarrassingly odd. Were their folks who were actually gripping the gun wrongly? It had to be done at the recommendation of a lawyer -- American or Croatian?

can't say I like the color, looks too much like PuNo3 in the +3 valence phase..

But at least it has a safety! :rolleyes:

"Grip Zone" griping

Springfield had a table at our club's open house today. (They're an hour or so away.) I got a chance to actually run some rounds through a .45 XD Mod 2.

I can honestly say it did not occur to me to complain about or even notice the "Grip Zone!" branding verbiage molded into the grip. I guess it's another one things that (if you spend your time actually shooting instead of looking at your gun) turns out not to matter.

(It shot pretty well, too.)

44 AMP,

What nefarious job do you have that has you handling plutonium nitrate?

lee,

I think Springfield should label all parts of its guns.

If Slim wants to gift me a blue and matte TC Contender I'd shoot it with pride. I like its looks. I also wouldn't turn down a CZ Parrot, but I don't have the skill to make it perform like it should.

I understand Taurus quit making the View because the clear elements quickly obscured with burnt powder residue. I'm surprised test firing the prototype didn't demonstrate that flaw.

Not as bad as the Hi-Point, but still tacky as all Hell.
Actually my LGS had one of these in 3-4 months ago...... and it almost came home with me.

Attachments

• American-Flag-Revolver.jpg
    American-Flag-Revolver.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 68
grip zone.....now that is pretty funny. something you would see on a loud pair of Nike's or sketchers.....:rolleyes:

I have seen many hi-points with the 100$ bills graphics all over them. they sat in the case for a couple years

Limnophile,
Did you spend more in the paint than the gun? Kinda reminds me of the guys that spend 3k on chrome spinners for a '85 Chevy Lumina.

Not as bad as the Hi-Point, but still tacky as all Hell.
Actually my LGS had one of these in 3-4 months ago...... and it almost came home with me.

At least all the stars are in the right place. The biggest problem with that revolver is one would have to brandish it at every opportunity to show it off.

Limnophile,
Did you spend more in the paint than the gun? Kinda reminds me of the guys that spend 3k on chrome spinners for a '85 Chevy Lumina.

I don't own a Hi-Point, but your point seems valid -- the refinishing undoubtedly cost more than the gun.

I don't have a tacky gun, although I've considered putting red rubber grips on my CZ 75 Compact.

44 AMP,

What nefarious job do you have that has you handling plutonium nitrate?

Certified Fissile Material Handler (among other things), retired. 31+ years "hands on" experience.

While other than being an assault on my sense of good taste, I have no personal objection to you making your gun as tacky as you wish.

However, I am now wondering if something like that might not be a good idea in a gun that may be used defensively.

Guns with skulls, black widows, "kill em all" slogans, and even guns with "dangerous" sounding names have been ridiculed in court by prosecutors, as reflections on the owner's character and judgment.

So a tacky-cool gun might make you seem to be someone you aren't, in the minds of a jury. Remember that while a witness giving testimony is under oath, the prosecutor is not.

Understated elegance of a zombie themed Hi-Point. That color isn't just horrible comparatively, I guess, but your statement on one of these things is hilarious.

while not my personal style, I actually find the ruger more tasteful than the Hi Power covered in multi color vomit.
:D

Back