Tacki-cool handguns

Slimjim9

No, that's not a typo. I did not mean to type tacti-cool. I'm talking tacky, weird, bizarre, handguns. Certainly the CZ Parrot mentioned recently qualifies:
CZCM_1638a.jpg

What other wacky funsters have you seen?

Just about got myself talked into going ahead with that ugly arse green laminated, blued Charger Takedown instead of waiting for Ruger to offer it in stainless/synthetic!

I did not mean to type tacti-cool. I'm talking tacky, weird, bizarre, handguns. Certainly the CZ Parrot mentioned recently qualifies:

"Tacticool" to me means a gun some wannbe "operator" (whatever that is) bolted some crap onto, thinking it makes him tougher.

That CZ is a spcialized item, and kind of fun to look at.

arsenal-double-barreled-1911.jpg

from the company currently making Russia's new service pistol

taurus_curve_22.jpg

of course there is the taurus curve

3908.jpg

I actually think it's pretty cool, but many others do not agree.

XDG9821HCSP_3.jpg

springfield's new XD is getting a lot of flak for the lettering on the grip.

that's about as tacky as I have.

I like the Ruger 22/45 colors too. I have an older SS 22/45 bit I hardly ever shoot it. Maybe I should trade it in for one of these tackicool versions. :D

If you find Czech color embarrassing, you can trade in a CZ Parrot for an all-American Hi-Point that you can carry and shoot with pride:

JULY4.jpg

I bought my Beretta Neos for its appearance.....kinda looks like a space gun. Have to say, I usually just shoot my Rugers if I'm shooting .22's

isn't it a conscious effort for the CZ parrot and other race gun IPSC and similar to not look tactical and military like?

the sports grew from military type comps but are totally sporty today.

over here we are not even allowed to wear military style clothing (unless you are activly military)

the serious competitors look almost like guys in the tour de france:D

You'll find the same thing in archery. All of the hunting bows almost always have some kind of camo coating. But, the target bows used for competition are done up in some pretty bold color schemes. Personally, I don't think the deer knows the difference between a camo-colored bow and a metallic red bow high up in a tree stand. :D

That Ruger .22-45 Lite is a bit odd looking I grant you but change out the trigger group drop on a good red dot you get a slightly (for a bulls eye match gun) funny looking but very good little target pistol.
Probably not exactly what you had in mind but put these on a nice little J frame S&W and it becomes tacky.

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Back