Swiss M1882 Revolver

Hello MRCL! It's great to have someone from Switzerland here on this board. I appreciate your input on this gun.

My understanding is that the M1882 that I have (pictures with serial # 14850) was made prior to 1898. In the US pistols made before 1898 do not need to transfer through an FFL, due to being "antiques". When I purchased mine, it was mailed directly to me (which would be highly illegal if it was post 1898). I know, this makes no sense since this revolver is even by today's standards quite usable and serviceable. The one that Heracles posted is P22348. What I really don't understand is that I would think if it was made around 1914, it should have the wooden grips, shouldn't it? Or, perhaps the Police issued 1882's still had the bakelite grips.

Sadly I cannot answer that (for now). I lack proper sources. The police gun book doesnt go into technical details and the infantry weapons book only details the M1882/29. There, the first 7000 revolvers hat canevasit grips and the later ones had a better synthetics (it doesnt say what material though). Some police forces had slightly custom revolvers so maybe that is the case here.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Back