Swedish mauser

I recently ordered one of tge Tikkas from Euro optic in 6.5 Swede & its my first Tikka. Its everything a rifle should be... slick, light & very, very accurate. An absolute doll of a rifle. I've used CZs & Howas also, good rifles but not the rifle a Tikka is.

I also have a 1923 M96 Swede. I can repeatably keep five shots right at or under 3" at 200 meters as issued.

If you want an great occasional shooter with history get the Swede. If you want a fanastic rifle to put glass on & print bugholes, get tge Tikka.

If you are patient and keep looking you will find something. Even Winchester got on board for a while, offering their model 70 Featherweight in 6.5x55mm. That would be the one to get, if you are willing to pay the price....

i also have a 700 remington classic 6.5x55 new in the box, if it had been fired i would not have bought the CZ 550 in 6.5x55. eastbank.

CZ is the Answer

Check out CZ's line of 6.5x55 rifles. They're extremely high quality and quite affordable (for what you're getting).

I have a 550FS in 6.5x55 and it's a sweet shooter, and quite nice on the eyes as well. Also, nobody else I know has one... which is cool.

Ps. Regarding europtic, I've used them before and they're always great to work with.

Do yourself a favor and don't get a 96 Mauser. I have the 6.5x55in a Mod 70 Ftr Wt and it darn near runs with my 6.5x06! You can't do that with a 96 Mauser. I paid close to $800 for it brand new so I would expect in the used market it would be quite a bit less. Until you get used to it, cock on closing is a bummer, for me any way. Other than the 96 though, doesn't seem like a lot of them are around! Worth looking for though. I had one made for my X. got a Parker-Hale 12000 in 25-06 and had the bolt face opened to except the 6.5x55 and added a Shilen 23" barrel. Ended up all together running about $700, I'd do that again!

I had a restocked carbine years ago, stupidly sold it. Currently have a like new looking 96 made in 1917. You can have that one, if you want it, but I'm not letting it go cheap. ;)

Even Winchester got on board for a while, offering their model 70 Featherweight in 6.5x55mm. That would be the one to get, if you are willing to pay the price....

A fellow I worked with years ago went this route, sort of, and on the cheap. He loved the 6.5mm Swede, and he went out and bought a Win 670 (Ranger??), their budget gun at the time, and had it rebarreled from 06 to 6.5 Swede. Worked great.

If you really want an ... uncommon Swede, I have a Krag in 6.5x55mm. 3 digit serial # made in 1897. It has been sporterized, probably close to 100 years ago...make me an offer...:D

6.55 Swede is a great cartridge... guess I am glad I got my M96 while the getting was good.

I would lean towards a CZ if I was in the modern market.

Back