Surprise Active Shooter Training

I think it could open the school system up for a law suit.

You get a few teachers claiming they have PTSD from the incident and a couple Dr.'s to back that claim up and they could possibly have a lawsuit...or have an insurance co. settle the claim with check.

Unless of course they where all properly notified that a drill was possible.

Fire drills and somthing like this are totally different IMO.

One of the stupidest ideas I’ve ever heard.

1. Teachers could have been hurt taking cover.
2. Teachers could have been hurt trying to escape, like diving out a closed window.
3. Teachers could have hurt the intruders by tackling them, throwing things like chairs, books or even amped up on adrenaline, a whole desk, a computer monitor etc.
4. Damage to school property,
5. The knowledge that IN THE FUTURE it won’t REALLY be an intruder it will just be another test.

I liken it to the night an idiot pulled a toy gun on me. I saw it and asked the store owner if he knew the guy. The guy started the draw before I got answer.
My gun would have gone off if my trigger had been on the trigger as I drew as the owner caugth my arm screaming 'It's s toy!".:eek::eek:
I had only slowed my draw to let him clear leather, or it would have already been over.
That one shook me up much, much more than situations I've been in with real shooters.:(

Back