Surplus at Gander Mountain?

I might be wrong about them not being a distro for surplus: I stopped in on the joilet store and found they have about 4 more 7mm Mausers (labelled "Ludwig, Berlin 1892, IIRC), a couple Mosins and the same old K-31. Similar prices to what I quoted earlier, around $300 for all, 'cept the Mosin for $170. Their "surplus" pistols were three Sig P6s, 2 Polish Maks and a couple of other wierd ones I see popping up on the usual surplus sites, so they might be a surplus distro.

Well, since I can still get a Mosin Hex 91/30 online for 80 bucks, and shipping is only about 20 more..............

..........I ain't getting it from Gander.

in the words of Gander employees "factor in FFL fees, any you're paying more for a cheaper gun." (yeah, right... 80 + 10 + 25 = 115, not 180)

I bought a P1 from GM once. $239 plus tax. Came with 2 mags and a holster. Decent deal, but not spectacular.

I stop in now and then to see what they have, but thats the only firearm I ever bougth there. Last time I was there they must have had at least 100 used shotguns for sale, and very little in the way of anything else used.

The local GM here had 6 P1s for $199. I didn't jump on the deal fast enough and they were gone within a week. Most of the time it's just the occasional turn-of-the-century Mauser and the 91/30s and M-44s.

I told them "I can order this from impact for $20 less, new." And the salesman said, "plus a $25 transfer fee," to which I said "so I'd pay an extra $5 for the warranty through taurus AND get a new gun?" his response "but you can buy this one now."

in the words of Gander employees "factor in FFL fees, any you're paying more for a cheaper gun." (yeah, right... 80 + 10 + 25 = 115, not 180)

Why in the world are you engaging the GM sales people in the price debates? They don't set the price and this is their place of employment - it's like them coming to your place of employment, looking around and saying "yep, I could get this product or service cheaper elsewhere..."

Cheapest Mil-surp I saw at Gander was A Russian Mosin with an aftermarket camo stock......used $189. Any and all Mausers I have ever seen there were overpriced tomato stakes. :(

In the last couple years, I bought a couple surplus at Ganders, a P1/P38 at $249, a small ring mauser at $120. Also bought a like new Stevens 200 at $220, an excellent condition SW22 at $159-$10 coupon. But now, I don't see good deals on surplus at Ganders, but they still have good price on used guns from time to time.

Why in the world are you engaging the GM sales people in the price debates? They don't set the price and this is their place of employment - it's like them coming to your place of employment, looking around and saying "yep, I could get this product or service cheaper elsewhere..."
because used firearms are generally negotiable in price, especially when the prices are set so high. Similar to cars or guitars. So, I tend to try and haggle with people, rather than accept the price at face value. Especially when they're as high as they set them.

Back