Suggestions for carry while running

DasGuy got my response that I got his response and agreed with it. Thanks though!

Also, my cousin is a dispatcher for Broward County, just above me in Miami.. There were a dozen calls one summer from people saying a van stopped, assaulted a woman, threw her in, and drove away. No I don't have a link for it. 90% of what happens in Miami or Broward doesn't make the news.

Anyways, my cousin is a female and she never got closure on those several calls. It freaked her out.

Jogging one time with my girlfriend, a truck with 3 men slowed down and started screaming obscene things to her. I was a half block behind her (wasn't running at that time due to an ACL and meniscus repair, I could sprint though.) they kept on and stopped while cat calling and such, she said something and I got over there quickly and the whole thing ended.

A lot of things like that happen. That's just one case I was there with her. (G19 was with me)

I found one of those I-pod/MP3 cases that go on your arm that will hold a small pistol.

I wear it on my upper left arm. So war its worked very well. I throw in my derringer (357 magnum) and I am good to go.

The answer to your question largely is defined by purpose. If you were concerned about bear, etc some type of large FA would be in order. For your purposes most anything that will go "bang" will serve the purpose. Most any canine will be deterred by the bang of a FA, so you do not need a canon.

I too am not comfortable without a FA in reach. For jogs I often carry a small Beretta .22 or .25 in a very small around the waist type bag w/ my ID and a few bucks. It is easy to get to and serves the purpose. Even a magazine of .22 or .25 into the chest of a 2 legged predator would serve you equally well if necessary. Admittedly, its hard to find something that does not bounce a lot or rub in the wrong areas. A stainless steel FA is the way to go, but I have never had a problem with sweat if you wipe it down after. I also like to carry the FA inside a pocket type holster rather than just bouncing around in the pack loose. The sleeve type holster also gives some separation from sweat. A conventional holster for me always bounced too much and other types constrict breathing.

I had the same question a while back, then realized I had a serious problem.

I hated exercising.

Fixed the problem by not running anymore, then I didn't have to worry about it. :D

Back