Strategies for winter concealment

I can't even grab the zipper with these gloves on

Key piece of gear for wintertime is a good set of tactile gloves that still keep your hands warm.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/outpost-sensor-gloves/p/2667510001010

These are ones issued.

https://www.us-elitegear.com/products/outdoor-research-poseidon-gloves

We did not get the cool guy coyote brown...just black ones. Anyway, I wore them in Wyoming doing mule skinner training in the winter and on several tours to Afghanistan.

They are warm and effective tactical gloves. The black ones go well with any civilian business casual dress too. They look nice and an effective piece of kit.

Expensive though and hard to find outside of the service.

Damn Uncle Sam forked over the big bucks for those. Why is one model half the cost of the other?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Why is one model half the cost of the other?
Because "we" paid for it. ;)

Ive always found gloves to be cold and clumsy. Ive worn mittens for decades now, and just find them to be MUCH warmer, and instantly off if need be and you want dexterity.

Damn Uncle Sam forked over the big bucks for those. Why is one model half the cost of the other?

The fabric they are made out of....

The gloves I have are light, warm, waterproof, and allow for good tactile feel. I used them climbing and for general patrols in cold weather enviroments.

I know that add says "gore-tex" insert technology but it is not gore tex like you are used too. Emphasis should be on the "technology".

I think it is like when Gore-Tex first came out in the late on the market in the 1980's, only SOCOM had it for years. God forbid you lost a gore-tex jacket because they were stupid expensive and you could only put the damn things on when told too. It was "wonder fabric". Guys even took pride in being "pre-gore tex" Rangers....

I remember getting issued a bag of assorted gloves. They tell you do not lose them as the bag has some 4000 dollars worth of gloves in about 6 sets of various purpose gloves. I still have em because they just tell you to keep em when you outprocess. Go figure.

Why is one model half the cost of the other?

To be clear...

One is gore tex and other has "gore tex technology". If you are a hunter you will LOVE the next generation of waterproof, breathable, fabrics.

This is Arizona - we just put socks on then the flip flops.
But seriously, generally a light jacket is all we need, rarely do we need a heavy jacket, and I don't really alter my carry method at all.

Back