Stolen Handguns From My House 3-21-2013

Sorry for your loss--

Feels really creepy to know somebody has been in your place and stole your stuff. Hope you get your guns back!

Any kind of safe is better than the display cabinet. Too bad, because it is nice to have firearms so your guests can see them and discuss.

After my FIL got burglarized I have done a few more things to tighten security at our house. After the thieves got into Dad's garage, they closed the door and had at their access pry bars and tools of all kinds. I have removed all of the carpentry tools from the garage, and stored them in a secure location not far away.

We have grates over the basement window wells that have been secured with cables and quick release latches that make it difficult to get into the windows downstairs.

Home security like ADT is an excellent idea.

Good luck!

The ultimate in protection for your guns

Sometimes heavy steel construction is just not enough to deter burglars. I have my pistols in a TL-15 safe. Access to the contents is poor, but there is a lot more protection than the residential security containers. I have added an additional layer of protection, as you can see in the attached photo. If a safecracker should be able to open the door, he will get a surprise of vicious claw and fang ready to tear him apart!

Attachments

• Diebold_1.jpg
    Diebold_1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 50
I'd be looking into anyone who has been in your house and saw the guns in the cabinet. My dad showed off guns to some neighbors down the street and the house got broken into and all they took where the guns.

We knew it was them because of the dirt bike tracks left in the back yard by the same neighbors that had a dirt bike. One of the guns was hidden in a very obscure, off the wall place and it got taken too. It's the main reason why I don't talk guns with any neighbors, period. All they have to do is tell someone what you have and when you're not home.

I hope you get them back, but I'd be leery of anyone that's been in your house recently that might have seen them.

Back