Stoeger love it

raysmithson1

Inactive
When reading up on the stoeger condor comp. O/U shotgun, a few yrs. ago, it was said by so many people it was a POS, having shot it for 2 yrs, great gun, have had over 25 straights and one fifty I use it for trap and have shot with them high priced guns, win some lose some,, thirty inch tube, ported,palm swell, adj.comb, price is right six to eight , depending on if you get the twenty ga. tube, combo,, or low end just the twelve,, shoot straight, love my Stoeger

Last edited:
I had a Stoeger SXS 20ga and loved it, it is on the list of guns I wish I had not sold. I'm glad there is another fan of the Stoegers out there.

A shooter friend of mine let me try his Stoeger Field o/u 12 ga. Nice spring day, firing clays from my Trius trap.

It's like I couldn't miss with the Stoeger (exaggeration disclaimer) , something about it just worked well for me.

how many have I shot

for two yrs.league nite two rds. 50 sat. four rds. so lets see, that's around seven thousand a yr, or over fourteen thousand so far..

I also have the Condor Competition. Had it for about four years. Had a few minor problems in the beginning but I diagnosed and fixed them myself. Removed the ejector springs (very easy) as I only use it for trap. Set up the adjustable comb using a pattern board and ready to go. Mine has about 6k rounds through it. It does the job if I do my part.
No, it's not a Browning or other quality brand. Action is stiff especially on closing. However, it did let me shoot an O/U (replaced a Mossy 500) and improved my % at a bargain price. Being on a limited income, it allowed me to shoot trap and make new friends at the local club, while leaving money for my other love, traditional black powder. Yes, I would love to have a "high quality" brand trap gun some day, but until (if) that day comes, the Stoeger will fill the need.

Ray, l have almost 300,000 through an O/U in 20 years. Do you think your gun will go that far without major repairs?

Keep on shooting.

If we were all meant to have $1200-50,000 doubles they would be giving them away at the local gun shop.

Do I want one? of course. But my Savage Fox kills bird dead. Just like a $400 Stoeger.

FITASC, no don't think I'll live that long, been shooting the game of trap for 2yrs. started out with win. model 42 pump 1936 "410" mom's dove gun,, then used a Russian single break open from big five, and a J,C Higgins model 21,that is a real good gun also before the Stoeger I reload , use nitro 27hulls, windjammer cb4118 wads and noble sport prima V powder, 18 1/2 gr.
also bought the "Grand " is a good gun, but shoot the comp better, last but not least, last nite on league, had a straight on the sixteen, finished with a twenty three, on the handicap, love this game it's a ball buster for sure...

Last edited:
Love my Stoger 20 Ga SxS !
PERFECT FT It fits me like it grew there! The straight English Stock cut looks SOOO classy!
Love the simple extractors which are traditional!
The most perfect double barrel I have ever shot!
VALUE!
ZVP

final on the Stoeger

Some of you will never shoot as many shells, as others, so why buy an expensive shotgun,, this gun "the Stoeger" will survice, for a long time,, it has a good pattern on the board, looks good, and when you score higher than those high priced guns you can have a good laugh to your self, I also have the "Grand" Stoeger, single tube trap, it also shoots good, in my opinion Stoeger is good gun, for what it is , not a POS, as some others have said .

Never said it was a POS, so don't put words where they don't exist. Stoeger is very entry level and built to an inexpensive price point - that means certain aspects regarding quality aren't there. Shooting 7 rounds a year - even at volunteer club prices, is still about .20/round for target and ammo. Start doing the math and you'll see the cost of the gun is nothing over the short or long term, so buy once, cry once on the gun and know you have one that will last even after you're gone.

Read my opening statement, some people say it's a POS , I have no problem with any inexpensive or high priced firearm, have always said it's the shooter who makes the gun, it's nice to have people that continue to shoot and keep the sport alive,, but peer pressure is not my bag , the people I shoot with are always fun to be with and nice as my aunt Helens cake... have a good one.

blindstich,,, it is an O/U with selective upper or lower and it is an inertia set up ,like I said before I have the Grand also and it shoots so good also, to me trap is so mental , has a lot, of gratification to shoot the game

shoot what you like or what you can afford and enjoy the clay games, there are those here who endever to become pro,s and there those here who just shoot for enjoyment. i,ll never be good enough to be classed a pro, so i fall into the i shoot against my self and enjoyment class. i am in good enough shape with my income that i can buy just about any firearm i want and my choice has been remington auto and browning o/u-db shotguns and with very little maintense they will last a life time. and there are many other brands that will do the same thing. it does seem like the makers every year or two come up with new firearms with more bells and whistles to suck money out of you pocket. eastbank

Sort of the Apple and Oranges thing but my two favorite shotguns and the ones I shoot the most are a pair of BC Miroku Superior grade I bought in 1969 for a $168 each they have had many tens of thousands rounds thru them, they are pure skeet guns but that was why I bought them. My other is a Remington 11-87 Sporting Clays gun, These guns fit me well and I shoot they pretty well.
Were I just starting out I'd take a serious look at the Stoeger mentioned here.

I've kicked around getting one of their Longfowler over/unders. My friend has a condor that sees a lot of upland game and duck hunting. He says he's never had a problem with his but I have ran into people who have had problems with the second barrel not being ready to fire.

But even many of those people were still happy with their purchase even if they had to slap the buttstock to ready the second shot.

For $450 they sound like great guns. Maybe I'll have to fondle a few again. I'm curious what makes the Condor Supreme so special.

Back