still can't tuck in my shirts...

I'm about to renew my carry permit for the 3rd time, which means I've been carrying for close to 10 years...

over the years my style of dress has morphed around strong side belt carry... meaning I've been running untucked shirt styles for that long...

I'm the manager of a factory, & sometimes I have to dress up a little more than a loose pocketed T shirt allows...

I've tried a couple of these "hybred" holsters, but just don't get the tucking thing... & even if I can "put myself" together, I can only tuck between the clips a couple inches deep, & things look funky enough that I'd still need a cover garment...

is there really any belt holster out there that truly allows tucking a dress shirt shirt with no cover garment... or am I limited to pocket carry or Thunder wear-ish type holsters if I wanted to tuck a dress shirt with no jacket???

Try a big and tall men clothing store.
The tall men's shirts have very long tails and work pretty good.
Some times the sleeves are a bit long but most stores can tailor the sleeves for 15.00

Have you tried a Crossbreed super tuck, or Galco Kingtuk ? I have both of those, and have no problems tucking in a dress shirt.

With the Crossbreed I carry a Ruger LC9, and 1911's in the kingtuk.

unfortunately I am a big & tall man already :o

I can buy shirts bigger around, but most don't get any taller as the sizes get bigger once you get the tall size

my "hybred" holster is a cheaper copycat but is leather & kydex with 2 clips... & maybe I'm just not coordinated enough to pull myself together... but seems I fight the weight of my pants with the holster & gun in, & can't get an even tuck... before I tighten my belt, & can't get a good tuck with the belt tightened

maybe I need my wife to help dress me :o

Try blousing the shirt just above the belt, like you would blousing pants into boots. That way it's even all the way around, and helps conceal your handgun better.
That works for me.

I haven't been very successful at doing that... don't know if its the 50-ish guy thing ( more belly than butt ) or that I'm 6'2" tall & long through the middle, & tall size shirts just don't have enough length to stay tucked in unless my belt is cranked... which I hate to do with an IWB holster...

BTW... my hybred holster is fit for my TCP, so I'm not even trying to carry a large gun... I normally have quite a bit in my pockets, so the only way I can usually pull off pocket carry is with extra cargo type pockets, which aren't as conductive to dress shirt tuck in...

thinking I may be resolved to pleated pants & Thunderwear for tucked in shirts???

Well... you could do what I do, and wear a set of nice suspenders.

I have the regular Perry suspenders for every day use ( under a open shirt ) and I also have nice leather suspenders I wear with dress shirts.

I love not having to cinch my belt tight with them, or pulling my pants up all the time without them . They are very comfortable.

I just bought 2 pairs of suspenders that slip over the belt ( clipless ) from a new MN company... that doesn't seem to solve my shirt coming untucked situation though ( I bought them with the intention of using them with my hybred holster... but that only complicated the tucking issue :o

I carry my wallet in my right hip pocket, and my LCP in my left with a Galco pocket holster ( I'm left handed ). Have you tried carrying it in a back pocket?

And I also have a S&W Model 637 on my left hip, one reason for the suspenders, multiple guns.:)

I've seen there are some clipless holsters out there. I'm not sure I like the look of them very much but it might work. Try looking up the remora clipless holster.

I carry my wallet & a folding knife in my left front pocket, & 2 medium large rings of keys in my right front pocket ( change ends up there also... but I do my best to tip that off, or dump it in the console of my truck, rather than mix it with my keys ) my cell phone most often goes into a shirt pocket, unless I'm wearing jeans that have the lil side pocket it can fit into... since I spend a lot of time at my desk, or driving I don't really like bulky things in my back pockets... I have one of those slip over wallet looking holsters for my TCP, which is what I use if pocket carrying, though I mostly do that with cargo pockets... I'd not want to sit on my gun...

lately I've switched from my TCP, to one of my S&W J frames, on a belt holster at between 3:00 & 4:00 depending on the belt loop spacing of the pants I'm wearing...

looking up the Remora holsters, as I've not checked those out before...

Last edited:
I just bought 2 pairs of suspenders that slip over the belt ( clipless ) from a new MN company...

Please mention the company if you can.

P.S. I've mentioned this before...I think holsters are way more frustrating to buy than guns.

the only holster that i can easily tuck in my shirt with is the versa-carry. not a great holster, but it works, and i have to wear a tucked polo at work. it also doesn't provide super easy draw access, but better than nothing. the clip on the belt keeps it plenty tight not to come off while pulling the shirt out. good luck

after reading the OP again, i'll add that the versacarry allows your shirt to tuck the length of your slide, i don't know about yout other holsters, but this only allows for 3-4 inches depending on how long your partcular versacarry is.

6'2" and more belly than butt describes me pretty well, too, and I have had pretty good success tucking over the gun with my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. It isn't perfect, but if I blouse it out a bit, it works fine. Depending on the day, I carry either a PT111 G2 or a P-07, so an LCP should not be a problem. You might also look into shirts from Duluth Trading Company. They have a line that is cut extra long to avoid plumber's butt.

You might also think about single clip holsters, since there is less to get in the way. This one has a pretty deep clip, too, so it will make it less bulky at the point where the shirt goes over the holster:

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/holsters/in-the-waistband-holster/old-glory-twaw-iwb

It comes in a lot of different colors, but I kind of like the "Old Glory" version, and it's on sale through the end of July. I have been looking at this one for the used Bersa BP9cc that keeps calling to me at the gun range.

Back