• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Stating a fact

"One of the major problems I have had is the fact that as a Toolmaker, writing and spelling were not a requirement, all that mattered was whether you could use Math skills proficiently"

Thank god this isn't a tool and die making forum. I'd be screwed.

Kelly

You have plenty of friends on the TFL...

Unless you are a liberal that is... :D :D :D

I don't care about your grammer and spelling as long as I can understand what you are trying to say... ;)

They say that Elmer Keith's originals were a nightmare for the editors...

As long as it's intelligible, and the content is there, it's worth the work to make sense of it.

"They say that Elmer Keith's originals were a nightmare for the editors..."

His edited works sure as hell weren't a lot better.

I struggled mightily to get through "Hell I Was There."

Nothing like being introduced to the same individual 3 times in the span of about 25 pages.

Also consider that when you misspell a word, it makes it impossible to find your post by searching for that word.

"Also consider that when you misspell a word, it makes it impossible to find your post by searching for that word."

The way I see it, that also seriously impacts google's ability to find the pertinent thread, as well.

Yes, Google does have some ability to determine the relevance of alternative spellings, but it's not a sure thing.

Back