Starting to get into revolvers!

Have you tried single actions yet? I thought I REALLY liked revolvers, until I got a Ruger Blackhawk. That took my obsession to a whole new level.

Highvalley, if Liberals get their way, we won't have ANY guns, zero handguns, not even single shot shotguns for rural pest control. My guess is they will even want me to turn in my vintage slingshot and recurve bow collection. We are NOT talking about reasonable and logical people. The OP should try either a SW model 10 military and police, or a Colt Official Police in .38 spl. Awesome, rugged revolvers, perfect size, and normally VERY accurate with 148 wadcutters and 158 semi wadcutters and fixed sights. Millions of vintage used police revolvers out there, some in better shape than others. I have an old S&W 10 .38 heavy barrel police trade in I bought Almost 3 decades ago. Bluing worn, (since reblued), grips dinged up, but very tight action and super accurate. I picked it out of a box of Cumberland County Sheriffs Dept trade ins the dealer had behind the counter. They were swapping out for semi pistols. One of my favorite weapons! Trigger is like glass, crisp and smooth. This old Police .38 has hiked many miles on my hip here in Maine during my 20's, 30's and 40's and taken plenty of small game. Don't overlook .38 specials... plenty of wallop with wadcutters, flat nosed bullets and hollowpoints.

Get a revolver in 45 40/10mm or 9. Whatever calibers you already shoot. then collect snakes. I'm in love with my 45 and 9mm Smith's.

WILL IT FIT

I like a short barrel and have had a lot of super blackhawks cut to 4.5 .
I know Ruger offers a 4.5 barrel on the super Blackhawk but only with the small grip frame . It would be a bunch cheaper to buy a new Ruger in 44 Mag but I can not hold the small grip .

The question Has anyone ever put the large grip frame on the Ruger Super Black 4.5 inch barreled guns they only come with the small Grip Frame .
I was told at one time the would not interchange but not sure .

This would be cheaper but if you cut a 7.5 inch barrel the front sight needs to be higher and that always is a problem .

ANYONE DONE THIS

If the anti gun liberals get their way, revolvers would be the only guns you could own.

Doubt you will ever see that, altho many of us could live with revolvers being the only handguns we have. Ain't never been much of a bottom feeder fan other than my 1911s. Can't see that changin'.

And forget about the "hi capacity" revolvers like the 327 and 7 shot L frames. Only six shots for the civilians!LOL

What about the 8 shot S&W revolvers and their Model 617s? Since the cylinder is not removable/detachable, capacity probably ain't an issue.

Back