Starting to get into revolvers!

Siggy63

After buying over 20 semi auto pistols in the last ten years, I have been on a revolver kick for the last few months. Started with a Dan Wesson model 15 that I picked up from my local gun shop and since January I have added a Smith and Wesson 686, 617, 642 and a Colt trooper mark III. I find this is going to be more expensive than my semi auto wants. I am really looking at the Colt snake guns now!! God help me!!

Lol! Ihavebeen shooting all my life. Shot competition small bore as a kid in the early seventies and a lot of bird hunting but never got into handguns until the last few years. Have plenty of long guns and shotguns, and now plenty of semi autos. I am afraid that the revolver might trump all! Really enjoying them.

Bought my first revolver 40+ years ago. Have never owned or had the desire to own a bottom feeder. I have shot them a few times but had no interest in owning one. Maybe some day. Until then I'm just going to enjoy my revolvers.

I started getting back to revolvers about a dozen years ago after going through the semi auto phase. Just something about the mechanics and feel of a good revolver that never gets old. Once you get started, its had to stop. Smiths, Ruger's, Colts, there's a lot of nice ones to choose from.

Welcome. I predict you will have a bunch of Revolvers in no time....

You should consider loading your own ammo if you don't already. A person will go broke quick shooting revolvers unless you load your own, then it's quite reasonable.

You probably need to check out K Frame S&W's. Much cheaper than Snake Guns, and it looks like you do not have any of them yet.
Rugers are not bad either. The SP101, and GP100 come to mind. Then you can look at a Super RedHawk for real Horse Power. Want some gusto look into a 480 Alaskan.

Bob R

I was typically a semi guy as well. Problem is when you belong to a gun club with 2000 members and you have opportunities to try so many unique configurations you end up "trying then buying" ! Never gave much serious thought to a revolver until I tried a Ruger GP100 6" in 357 mag. Amazing accuracy, very manageable felt recoil, felt perfect in my hand(s), built like a tank, and not a lot of money to buy ! Found a mint GP100 used for $500 and while it was my fav I somehow lost ownership to my 19 y/o daughter whom now claims ownership of said GP100 !

Be careful.....4 months ago I had a 19-3 2-1/2". I now have:

29-2 6.5" in presentation case
27-2 8-3/8 in presentation case
629-1 6" in presentation case
Pre-28 highway patrolman 4"
586 no dash 6"
686 no dash 6"
66 no dash stainless rear sight 4"
19-3 4" TTT
19-3 4" unfired

They seem to be reproducing in the safe!!

I sold 20 guns in the last year with a lot of revolvers in there. It’s easier to buy a gun than sell one. But, I don’t regret trying out a bunch of flavors to see what my favorites were.

Smith and Wesson Model 19's (particularly the 2.5" snubbie) and Model 25's have been my downfall. Stick with the pre-82 guns with pinned barrels and watch them appreciate in value.

Don

If the anti gun liberals get their way, revolvers would be the only guns you could own.

And forget about the "hi capacity" revolvers like the 327 and 7 shot L frames. Only six shots for the civilians!LOL

Back