Starting competitive shooting

@Teamsinglestack

Sounds good. Again, Im only into this for the challenge and the chance to train in a more action packed environment. If I never win I wont be heart broken.

Now the drawing from a concealed holster is something I have been scolded for in the past. My question would be this; If drawing from the concealed carry is there more scrutiny for "procedurals" than in a traditional holster? I would be worried that a RSO would want to do things a very specific way when for example you or I do them a slightly different way.

How true is this?

@everyone

The new gun is in limbo with fedex. It will arrive at work on thursday afternoon. I will be posting pics up then.

in the mean time. . .

f159349f.jpg

Last edited:
Get yourself a good .22 or 9mm for steel. U can run the 9mm in production division too. I shoot the Glock 34's u see below. I also like the M&P 9L or 9 Pro. I just won a XDM 5.25 today and it looks like a great gun.

G34Production3Gun.png

Glock34-AccurateIronWork.jpg

@ John

Where are you all located at?

UPDATE:

I went and shot the new pistol on sunday. It seems to be a very fast shooting gun. Im not used to that. The trigger pull in SA is only about 1/4" and breaks at approximately 3 lbs. I did good shooting very slow, determined groups. Reloads were a breeze. One thing I couldnt get used too was the sights. . . sheesh. The sights are all black and when you match the top ot the front sight post up to the top of the rear sight you always. . . ALWAYS, shoot high. I burned through quite a few rounds before the range master watched me hit consistantly high by about 2 inches. So I did some Kentucky windage and started laying down the steel. Few minutes of adjusting and I will be good.

The trigger was nice but again different. Im used to a hard trigger pull and this one was night and day.

As far as shooting in a match, that happens this sunday and I will take some pictures or a video to share.

- Those Glocks look great too.

We shoot in NC and Va. Had our first match at USSA in Tulsa, last Sunday. Talk to your club about starting one in the Great State of Texas

Back