Springfield Hellcat

The Hellcat looks only a little wider in the grip to me and that would be a plus. I did not like shooting the P365 . If the grip is a little wider it does not matter for IWB CCW because that part is above the belt. Looks like I might be able to get a higher grip on the Hellcat compared the P365 too which is another plus in its favor. I expect my LGS will have a week soon where we can try the Hellcat for just the price of ammo and after that have one for rent. Only way for sure is to try one out.

Looks like you will get less of a grip than the P365 because the grip is shorter on the Hellcat? Ie, slide is taller overall and eats up the grip as they are similar in overall height. The grip on the P365 is 1/2 longer...

But more importantly, my P365 trigger is almost at PPQ level.

What's the Hellcat tigger? This we don't know.

Looks like you will get less of a grip than the P365 because the grip is shorter on the Hellcat? Ie, slide is taller overall and eats up the grip as they are similar in overall height. The grip on the P365 is 1/2 longer...

But more importantly, my P365 trigger is almost at PPQ level.

What's the Hellcat tigger? This we don't know.
I wonder whether they'll end up making even more extended magazines later. By measurements they may end up fitting 15 into barely more than the grip length of a 365 XL!

Soon somebody will fit 16 rounds of .45 ACP into an LCP. Wait for it........ :)

I am super excited for the Hellcat, and I want it to be great. But I'm not ENTIRELY sure why I'm so excited :D

I EDC an XDm Compact, 13+1.
- The XDm is definitely a chunk, so maybe I'm excited for the 11+1 or 13+1 in a narrower/lighter/shorter package.
- The XDm has a grip safety, and the whole internet tells me I should hate that, though it doesn't bother me at all and if I re-holster appendix, it is an extra level of safety to avoid a-GONE-dix. No grip safety on Hellcat.
- The optics ready model for $30 more (worth it!) is an easy way to get into the optics game, if that's something that interests you.
- I like flat clean triggers, and the Hellcat is rumored to have a nice one.

Sootch00 has one and is shooting it today and comparing to the 365, video should be out in a few days. He'll discuss it at his Facebook livestream today at 2pm CST.

Maybe I'm excited for the Hellcat because its new and shiny and I'm falling prey to the hype and trendiness. I definitely will shoot one, I will likely get one, but I won't ditch my XDm to get one.

A striker fired gun with a crisp light trigger without an off switch is a non starter for me.

Watching those being carried appendix makes me queasy.

I tried out the Hellcat a few days ago as LGS had one to rent. Seems like a real solid little gun but alas I found it too small for me particularly in regards to trigger reach. I shot 35 rounds and could not get a single round on center of target at 7 yards. :( It had the 13 round magazine and that did give me a nice full grip however. Trigger was pretty decent on it too and I am sure SA will sell lots and lots of them. So far only the original Walther PPS has been a good shooter for me as far as micro compact thin 9MM pistols and I use the large back strap on mine.

xzxMltR.jpg

NaZQ91q.jpg

LNlSwiM.jpg

Very interesting, It appears that there is more room from the receiver to the Grip for larger hands, which was problematic for me when shooting the 365.(riding the slide). From the pic, it does appear that there is a short trigger reach. Hard to tell without shooting he gun, but he looks very nice so far.
Thanks for the review.

“The Yankee Marshall” is the worst “gun guy” on the net. I am terribly disappointed that someone posted a link to one of his vids and he inadvertently got another view on my behalf. I didn’t watch the video, but if he doesn’t like the Hellcat I am more inclined to look into one.

A striker fired gun with a crisp light trigger without an off switch is a non starter for me.

Same here; and even if the trigger pull isn't so light and crisp. Minimally, a grip safety (ala Springfield XD pistols) is a prerequisite for me.

Heck, you guys with the Sig 365 still have me beat by two rounds! I'm carrying my 6+1 Glock 43. I do carry 2 spare mags in my back pocket though. I've made upgrades to my Glock and have accessories so I'm in no hurry to jump to something else. I still think the Glock 26 is too chunky, but the fact that it takes 17 round mags makes it enticing. I do practice reloading and shoot my Glock 43 very well.

Back