Springfield Armory & Dick's Sports

I've edited a couple of posts for politics and language. We don't do liberals v. conservatives here -- it's pro- and anti-gun -- and we don't refer to our opponents with cheap slurs. Both are apt to alienate people who might otherwise decide they're with us.

I quit buying from Dick's because of their changed stance after Sandy Hook and their horrible customer service after a sale on multiple occasions.

As far as Springfield: I used to live a stone's throw away from Springfield. Many times, I had them perform work on the guns I have of theirs. I have friends that personally know the Reese(sp) family. The whole lobby debacle is a black eye no matter how you see it. With that, I personally believe they didn't have ill intentions to turn their backs on the gun community. Their pattern of behavior and the positive contributions over the years leads me to believe their defense of the issue.

It appears from this article, Ruger is no longer selling to Dick's. I did not know this.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...e-after-shareholders-back-activist-resolution

The last paragraph of the article:
"After Dick's Sporting Goods recently said it would pull assault-style rifles and higher-capacity magazines from its shelves — and destroy them rather than return them to their makers — Ruger issued a statement saying, "[We] are disappointed by their recent actions," adding that Ruger firearms won't be in Dick's stores."

Back