spouses?

Men are still seen in the roll of "hunter, gather" and protector of the clan. Some strong willed men are satisfied with *Barbi* as a mate, assuming that they can be content in a relationship with no intellectual stimulation. A strong willed woman on the other hand can not be content with *Ken* as a mate. Ken is, after all, a eunuch. Moreover Ken is incapable of indepentent thought. We've all disucssed the libel anti gun supporters as sheeple happy to allow the media and political powers to do their thinking with no desire to educate or inform themselves on issues.

CR I know these post are not aiding your stand with Michelle but I'm afraid the particular pro/anti RKBA relationship you're asking about is rare.
However would she be happy with you if you adopted the steriotypical roll of passivist content with allowing your govenment to systematicaly erode your (and her) rights without a struggle? When she met and subsequently fell in love with you she obviuosly knew you were very pro RKBA. More importantly she had to recognize the fact that you are a very strong willed, out spoken person passionate about the injustices that you see occurring around you. I understand, I think, that her concerns about your current attitude are without malice and simply due to concern for your well being. But can she not see that to deny you your strong out spoken stance would be to quell the very person you are? To do so would equate to removing the teeth of a well disiplined attack dog. The dog would not be happy and I dare say neither would the handler. You would be miserable and I doubt she would be happy with the new persona.
I understand you are going through a difficult period. But to change your attitudes would destroy possibly the very parts of your psychological make up that make you the Rat she knows and loves. She would not want *Ken* any more then you'd ever be capable of being him.

I'm sorry but if you some how could make the desired(?) changes I don't think she'd be happy with the "new" you.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

[This message has been edited by Gunslinger (edited June 18, 1999).]

Q just wrote an excellent article that summarized her position (closer to mine that I had expected). She's just under impression that I am pursuing my ends in a wrong way, with will not succeed AND get me killed. She is thinking about posting the article at my RKBA site, I hope she does.

She's also chafed by my constant talk about politics (esp. since my views include holding Rebublicrats in low esteem AND willingness to fight and do damage over what she considers non-issues)...I need to learn to keep my mouth shut around the house.

However, I think that the relationship is workable -- what we have here is an alliance despite different goals and preferred methods...shades of Allies/Axis
smile.gif

Ed Brunner,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My wife and I have the same values.It doesnt get any better than that![/quote]

Amen! I could not agree with you more. Even when some new political BS gets me so mad I blurt out "It is getting closer to the time when we are going to have to defend our rights with our guns!" my wife just shakes her head and replies that she agrees.

As to those worried about loosing guns in a divorce, well that might be true but remember, "An armed divorce is a polite divorce!"
wink.gif

------------------
John - NRA - Lifer

The only time I was ever divorced, I lost my butt,but I kept my guns. Of course I had to sell most of them to get my butt back.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

I do know of a couple, although she is not gun ho type right to bear arms. She does pack a .38. He is as bout liberal anti-gun as you can get... more than once he has told me "Well if it sames just one life". The thing that holds them together is their mutual love of animals. They have a small zoo. Takes both of them working to feed the crew.

Due to her job, she will not go out without her gun. Been shootin with her a few times as my wife and her are great friends. He does not come along with us when we shoot.

Richard

Back