Sportsmansguide.com....Won't ship Ammo!!!

This is my E-Mail back to...

Sportsmansguide.com:

Earlier this week, your catalog refused to ship an ammunition order to my zip code. The reasoning given was "legislature and litigation" and decisions by your staff attorneys. To my knowledge, there isn't a single piece of legislation in the State of Illinois or anywhere in these United States to prevent me from legally purchasing ammunition (a legal product). But your company refused to make this sale.

Therefore, please be advised that this action on your part is now being communicated to thousands of other law abiding gun owners via the internet, who will like me, no longer do business with Sportsmansguide.

It is shameful for your company to have lowered yourselves to the level of discrimination against lawful American gun owners. As you must have seen during this past legislative period, we are all very well connected, and we will not tolerate continued violations of our 2nd Amendment rights. Companies who violate these rights will also feel this cohesive power in their respective pocket books.

Received from Sportsman's Guide.

Hello Mr. Stanton,

Thanks for your email. We recently have reviewed our restrictions for counties, cities, states, and zip codes. We are unable to ship ammunition to Illinois because that particular state requires a F.O.I. card (Fire
Owner Identification) to purchase ammunition or firearms.

Residents of that state can go to a gun dealer and the dealer will be able to positively identify this person. Since we can not see the card or verify this is the correct person, we have decided to not ship these products to Illinois. Yes, the customer can send us a copy but, we do not know that the card wasn't revoked prior to or after it was sent.

We here at The Sportsman's Guide hope that in the near future the laws will be changed or possibly standardized so that all of our customers, in all states can be treated as equals.

Best Wishes,
Angel V.
WebAdmin

------------------
Bruce Stanton
CDR, USN-Ret.
Sgt., Kings Co. Sheriff - Ret.

They are still weasles and don't deserve our money. I have spent my last dime with their company.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I got the same reply as bruels. I thought the FOI card was for Chicago only. Is it statewide, and is it required in order to purchase ammo?

-boing

I just received a similar reply from Sportsmansguide (their 3rd reply), regarding the use of the FOID card in Illinois. This however was not their first or second reply. Those mentioned "legislature and litigation" as the reson I couldn't get the order filled.

Its interesting, because about 6 months or so ago, I order ammo from them without a single snag or hassle. Hmmm...is it possible with all of the pressure from the antis after Columbine, that Sportsmansguide is simple putting their perverbial tail between their legs?

I can go to any other catalog that sells ammo and purchase it without a problem. I can go to any other state and purchase it without a problem. Here in Illinois you basically brandish your FOID card to the sales clerk in any Walmart, K-Mart, or Farm and Fleet, etc etc...and you can purchase ammo.

I'm finished with Sportsmansguide.

If it's such a big deal to them, they could have you send a notarized copy of your card. They could have you fax it to them. They could (gasp) realize that if any laws were broken, it would be YOU who broke them!

You are well to be finished with them. I'll not start with them.

-----------------

We really can't abide cowards, when the rest of us fight so hard.

Hey guys, why even order from these mail order people?why order ammo from them when you can go to a gun show, buy the ammo, and walk away. Who knows what these mailorder people do with your name. They could send it direct to Johnny Reno for her(his) observation. I dont need to deal with these people. I dont trust them.

Back