Sporting clays, use my 1100 or my 11-87?

If the 870 is an LW size receiver, it is. Serial number end in K or U? Of if it's brand new and starts with RS apparently.

I have mad respect for anyone that can shoot an 870 well for skeet, clays or 5-stand. Not many call pull it off, but I've seen a couple.

I have mad respect for anyone that can shoot an 870 well for skeet, clays or 5-stand. Not many call pull it off, but I've seen a couple.

Then you'd be amazed at some friends who shoot 5-stand and sporting clays with Win Model 42s.;)

One of the few times I have shot a perfect 25 skeet shooting, was with a 12 ga.Remington 870 Wingmaster with a modified choke. :)

In '69-'70 I shot skeet with a Rem 870 12 gauge 26" VR IC choke. It was a well-used smooth shucking gun, and I actually think it shot faster than my Rem 1100. I have always liked the 870 better than the 1100 as I didn't have to move my trigger hand much to eject a loaded round from the chamber, and I was more comfortable with it.

OP, how loud is that 1100 with the Cutts? Back then I had a buddy who owned a Win 12 20 gauge with a Cutts and it was louder than my 870.

Its loud but no recoil.

Virginian, I use my 870 for trap/upland angles and the 1100 for skeet/5 stand/sporting clays. Both are 20ga on the 12ga frame, "X" models

Back