Speaking of coyotes...

speaking of coyotes

There's Hunter here that works for TVA. In his off time he had shot over 500 coyotes over a few years, as of last year.
If they were paying bounties I'm sure that number would have been much larger as he didn't hunt that often but new how to do it successfully.
Bounties would work around here. Once they are cleaned out they would have to follow them. then they would be back her in tw or three years as coyotes fill voids quickly it seems.
Now if there were 1000 Hunters in the state hunting coyotes for bounty they would probably average 200 to 300 a year each. At that rate if they hunted all of the state they would be eradicated in two years but more would fill back in behind them. If all states east of the Mississippi would set bounties and make hunting them free and making access to private lands mandatory for the prupose it is possible we could wipe them out in ten years. As numbers got smaller offer higher bounties to keep Hunters in the fields.
What happened was in the seventies but perhaps in the 60s too West Tn Fox Hunters brought large numbers of coyotes, from Texas, into the state to run their hounds. The sam may have occurred in all the states bordering the Mississippi and beyond. These scoundrels should be hanged and quartered.
Right nw i have a problem wit a resident pack not to far behind the house and am physically unable to go after them. The Turkeys and Deer have virtually disappeared and hosue cats too.
They, at one point were 50 ft behind the rear porch. Now that we have a couple of kids age 7 and 5 spending time here I keep close watch.

Back