Spats Sneaks Out to The Range

Spats McGee = " Yeah, there's one dude out there that's fairly obnoxious. That sounds about like him".

Yeah you know the fella if you go there often enough, and you do spats.
ah well there is probably one at every range . ;)

SlvrDragon50 said:
Wow. 75 a year is awesome... That is free range time?
Yeah, but I can go to the AG&F range 25 times for the cost of a year at Benton. Granted, I hear that I can do much, much more fun things at Benton than I can at Mayflower, but there's just no way I'm going to go to the range 25 times a year. Not that I wouldn't love to, but I just don't have the time or ammo budget.

Lead therapy....a wonderful term.

I once asked a fellow biker what his perfect Saturday morning ride was. His response - a 30 mile ride on the back roads to a shooting range, followed by 150 rounds of whatever 9mm he had. An then back home.

I've modified that to include an additional 150 rounds of .22 through a Ruger 22/45.

What a sweet morning it is!

My ranges are so expensive :(

180/yr+120 for additional years for an outdoor range, and 400/yr for an indoor range.

And since I live in Illinois, the outdoor range is unuseable for at least 3 months a year.

Guess those are the downsides of living in a tiny college town. Can't complain though, at least there are ranges.

The club I belong to cost 105.00 per year. That includes an indoor 50 foot range, a 25 and 50 yd outdoor pistol range, an outdoor combat range, 100, 200 and 300 yd outdoor rifle range, 1 trap field and an archery range. Plus a very large quarry with small mouth bass and crappy in it. The bass are catch and release only but you can keep the other fish you catch. The indoor range is open 24/7/365 each member has a pass card for the doors, the outdoor ranges are open from 9:00 am til sundown 24/7/365.

24/7 indoor range???? Holy crap that's awesome!!!

Is it staffed the whole time?

I thought that Illinois would have had cheap ranges considering the large number of gun owners (I'm relatively far from Chicago).

Had me a few hours of "lead therapy" last Friday. The only down side is the club is about 1 hr away but that's just because there aren't many choices to shoot center fire rifle at least 100 yd in a metro area. Anyway, I took my new Savage model 12 (308) to sight in the scope and the Rem 700 (223) for practice. Beautiful clear day and only one other "old timer" around. Got to shoot, adjust and talk for about 3 1/2 hr before it was time to pull the targets and head for home. It's a beautiful outdoor range with newly covered benches surrounded by trees. Also offers skeet, trap and archery woods walk. All for $75 per year. Also belong to a closer in Trap club and a black powder club too. I think $140 a year total for dues is cheaper than any other therapy out there.

Range is open sun up to sun down. Members have keys to gate and let themselves in. There are numerous competitions at $5 a pop like silhouette, combat, etc.

Maybe it would be cheaper at Mayflower (only $3 to shoot?) over the course of a year but I don't care. I can't put up with the rules.

http://www.bentongunclub.org/

I am pretty screwed when it comes to shooting. My local range which is about 5 miles away, is indoor and an annual fee is like $475, with unlimited time, so I don't have that. I just shoot sometimes once a week sometimes every other week. I pay the $9 fee to shoot for a half hour each time and usually get about 6 targets at a buck a piece.

I really don't like shooting indoors, the lighting isn't good and I don't like being confined to a booth/room. Also I can't recover all of my brass.

I could shoot at My dad's pretty much anytime but he lives about 55 miles or an hour and a half away.

Thats were i hunt whenever I hunt. Going to get a whitetail with the .45 this coming season

None of our ranges are staffed. The club house and indoor range requires a key card to get in and has security camera's to ensure everyone is shooting safe and if you are not then you will be called in front of the board of directors.
For a minor infractiopn you will probably get a warning, for second offense or if the first is serious you can be banned from the club. There are classes held for all new members for proper rules and safety. We have an on premises care taker that checks the ranges and shooters for proper membership and safety.

Back