Some US WWII Items

Thanks. It reminds me of my childhood (and adult age) visits to the Presidio Army Museum. I used to love visiting that place.

Ive got a lot of military rifles, handguns and stuff. love the look and history of wood and metal. If they could only talk.

Highpower3006, you have some really great stuff there. Love looking at pictures like these. thanks for posting them.

Picked up a cartridge collection many, many years ago that had 2 or 3 boxes of those shot cartridges. One of the boxes was broken up and the shot cartridges were selling for something like .05 or .10 cents apiece to collectors, so they were taken to the range to try them on targets. They box claims 25 feet max range but if my memory is still correct anything anything over 10 feet away is not likely going to get a enough of the shot to die fast enough for it to be recoverable from as raft.

there was a johnson at the last gun show, I was amazed. guy wanted $12,000, wouldn't allow you to touch it and when asked how the magazines work his answer was "you put the bullets in and pulling the trigger ejects them."

shame. I was truly interested in seeing a demonstration and the guy was a complete ass about the whole deal.

tahunua001, the loading of a Johnson rifle I can help you with. The rifle has a 10 round rotary magazine with the loading port under the bolt, it could be loaded by using 5 round stripper clips or by feeding singles in one at a time.

Back