Some US WWII Items

highpower3006

I dug out a few of my US WWII firearms and took a picture the other day. Everything in the photo was made between 1941 and 1945 and was used by the armed forces. The Savage 720 was made in '42 and is US property marked

IMG_3704-XL.jpg

IMG_3710-XL.jpg

IMG_3708-XL.jpg

IMG_3712-XL.jpg

I tried not to include duplicates.

I have a '17, but they were made during WWI, so I will have to include it in a pic or two of my Great War stuff.

Teaser pics, both Winchesters:
IMG_3353-XL.jpg

IMG_1008-XL.jpg

1917s were still used by national guard units. if you count the battle of Los Angelas and the bombardment of Ellwood as actual combat zones... then the U.S. still used the 1917 in WWII:D

EDIT: oh, and Fort Stevens bombardment. :D

Last edited:
Tahunua, Unless I mis-read, the 1917 was also issued to some artillery units in the European theater.

You still need Smith and Colt 1917s, and M-3 and Reising SMGs.
How dare you show us an incomplete collection!!!

Nice ;)

Very nice collection. I have a lot of respect for a disciplined collector who can focus their collecting. It is not only the tangibles, the firearms/equipment, but the joy of knowledge and appreciation gained from such collecting.

You still need Smith and Colt 1917s

This is just stuff that was made between 1941 and 1945, not things that were used in both wars. The earlier guns will have to wait for the WWI photos. :D

You need M-3 and Reising SMGs. How dare you show us an incomplete collection!!!

I know, I am so ashamed.;)

That is a nice 28 Thompson. I sometimes regret selling off my auto stuff, but I am not getting younger and didn't want my wife stuck with a lot of paper work if I depart for the great gun show in the sky.

It took a while for me to get used to the "tommy", though. The first time I fired it, a friend of mine and I set up five silhouette targets about 2 feet apart at about 10 yards. I let go with the contents of a 30 round stick just like in the movies. Hits - 0.

He fired 5 shots of 00 Buck from his Auto 5. Hits - 45.

I did get better with the Thompson.

Jim

Thank you for sharing and now I will add you to my list of people to hate for having to good fortune to have the collection I have been working on for years.;)

Thank you very much for sharing. Your photos make me feel sad and nostalgic. I only have a couple of firearms and a few knives/bayonets still in my possession from my WW2 collection. I had to part with most to pay for family necessities over the years. You are most fortunate to have such a great collection.

My reaction to the OP photos...

Peter Boyle said it best....

"Holy Crap!"

Translation. What a super collection.

Sweet collection hp3006! Very.

sigh

Uh... not to be a downer or rude or too personal or anything... but Where's your Johnson? :D

That is a very nice collection. For not just a whole lotta coin, you could add a GHD marked S&W Victory .38, lanyard, and holster to the collection.

highpower3006, that's an outstanding collection, I love it, thanks for sharing it with us.

Here's a few I have, everything is WWII except the crest and the Colt, it's a 1911 not a A1.

003-11-2-2013.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments. Like most collections, mine rises and falls as my interests change.

Here is a recent acquisition, a 1943 Ithaca (as opposed to the '42 Colt in the first picture) with a couple of boxes of .45acp shot shells. I have had the ammo for years and I thought that another WWII 1911-A1 would go nicely with it.

The shot shells were issued to aircrews in the Pacific theater in case they were shot down and might need to hunt seabirds for food

IMG_3787-XL.jpg

Back