SoCal Getogether!!!

WEEEEEEEEEE!!! Too bad you all don't ride motorcycles. Azusa's an okay road, but Glendora Mtn. Road... now that's a fun trip out of the canyon.

So, what time are we meeting for breakfast? There's a Denny's a few miles east on Baseline and Grand Ave, right off the freeway. There's also a little family style diner down on Azusa Ave in the opposite direction of the canyon (read: South rather than north).

So, what'll it be? Fend for yourself, or meet for eats? And the time? 10am too early/late?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Hey, Brad, bring some extra ammo. :D

Hey, hey there Gorilla. We don't need to make Glendora Mtn Rd too public or it might end up like Angeles Crest.

This weekend? Like Saturday, June 29, 2002?

It's on!

Ok, gang, after playing phone tag several times with the Burro Canyon staff, I decided that we'd better move forward on this without speaking to them first.

My message to them was regarding group discounts, accessory discounts, ammo, etc. If I find anything out prior to our run, I will list the details here.

First things first, WEBSITE:
Burro Canyonhttp://www.burrocanyon.com/

Second thing, MAP:
Azusa_map.jpg

Third thing, DATE/TIME:
Saturday June 29th, 2002
:eek:9:30AM:eek:

Forth thing, WHERE:
Denny's
546 W Baseline Rd
Glendora, CA

You guys can map out the trek from your home to Denny's, I'll have maps from Denny's to Burro Canyon.

SO, let's hear it-- WHO'S IN?

Brad

Last edited:
Right over here, pal.

I may be late (coming from S.B.) but I've been there before.

I guess we're shooting rifles? Or pistols? Or both?

Regards.

Heheh...

Shoot what you want, brother. Da Gorilla and I are shooting pistols. I'll have my Sig P229 and he'll have his Ruger 22/45. That is, unless he decides to take the Glock out of retirement.

I think I'll bring some pistols:
SIG P226 9mm
CZ-75 (pre-'B')
CZ-52
Makarov
Ruger 22/45

some battle rifles:
Yugo M48A
Enfield No4 Mk2(if I can find some ammo)
Polish-made Mosin-Nagant M44
WRA Rifle, Caliber 30, M1 (again, if I can find some ammo)

Maybe the 590 A1.

Yep, I'll prolly be bringing the Glock... that's what that "extra ammo" comment was all about. I wish that I could bring my new SA TRP, though. :(

Unfortunately, the trip won't be a comfy one with the 10/22, so that's out, but the 22/45 and the G22 are both coming.

So... who else is comin'?!

WAKE UP, MONKEYS!!!

Spoke with Burro Cyn today.

Apparently, there is never a "deal." It is what it is and the prices are what they are. However, I *did* reserve a private range for us. The guy on the phone (Mike?) claims it's a really sweet "handgun only" (I'll address this in a sec) range with shade and picnic tables and the like.

He claims if anyone brings a rifle that they can mozy on down to the rifle range (not a reserved range) and shoot there for a bit if they like. He just thought we'd like the handgun range better.

He claims that it's a state law that he can't give us a discount on the range price. Which is $15 a head with a $60 minimum, by the way. Cullen thinks that this is probably due to the fact that it is a state park, SO... we're kinda stuck there.

I then asked about group discounts for ammo or any other goodies he may sell and he said he wouldn't do anything there either. He said that his ammo is competitively priced. I asked him how much for 50 rounds of .40 reloads (my cal.) and his quote was a good bit more than what I pay at my range where I'm a member.

I'll be bringing my own ammo. I told the guy, as friendly as possible, that most will probably bring their own since he's offering NOTHING for bringing a group. I explained that it was nothing personal, but my not knowing most of you guys, I felt obligated to let you know that you MAY be able to buy cheaper elsewhere if you choose.

Also, it would be helpful if we can start to get a definate headcount together. So, please email me privately if you're planning on attending and whether or not you'll meet us at Denny's or at the range. This will help us to make certain we don't leave anyone behind and I can call Burro again tomorrow with a definate number for Sat.

drstrangelove@directvinernet.com

Peace,
Brad

Normally, the price is $9 to shoot and the pistol range is usually deserted.

Pistols are okay to shoot at the rifle range, but, of course, not vice versa.

Where are you at!?

Hey guys, haven't gotten any emails. Am I to assume that most of the intially interested people have bailed out? Either way, please let me know so that Cullen and I aren't waiting needlessly for anyone.

Thanks,
Brad

I'm interested at a later date in the summer, either at Burro or Angeles, but I can't make the times work right now, sorry.

Back